• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apartmenta

hokiedeac

Reaction score
I am moving to Winston-Salem from Blacksburg for grad school and was wondering what the consensus is for 2 bedroom apartments. Ive looked at Crowne Park, Alaris, and Brookford place. Trying to see if yall can help with the pros and cons

Reynolda campus or hospital? Should look at apartments/houses in Ardmore neighborhood too. Crownes are more filled with undergrads.

I lived at Alaris for a couple years and liked it. Management is usually nice/helpful, and the facilities are in good shape. WFU student shuttle goes there if you're trying to avoid the parking pass. Close proximity to cookout is a plus also.

I live at Alaris and am a pretty big fan. The management has been great with me (they got a new staff over last summer), and has been prompt with any questions.

most everything near wake is a ripoff considering the only thing you will be convenient to is Wake. Deal with a 4-5 mile drive and live near everything else while paying less

most everything near wake is a ripoff considering the only thing you will be convenient to is Wake. Deal with a 4-5 mile drive and live near everything else while paying less

Meh, if you're actually attending WFU/going to campus a lot that would be a pain in the ass. Plus you can save 500+ bucks avoiding a parking pass w/ the shuttle system.

if you're not in undergrad, i'd vote moving downtown or to the west end/ardmore. loved my living situation 100x more the 6 months i lived DT after college vs. the 9 months i lived in crowne oaks after college.

I lived in Crowne Park (executive floor plan) for two years after graduating. It had an open floor plan and the apartment was very spacious. Even though Crowne Park/Polo/Oaks typically have more students, I never had any issues with noise. If you are looking to live close to campus, I would definitely recommend it.

any advice on affordable DT apartments?
if you're not in undergrad, i'd vote moving downtown or to the west end/ardmore. loved my living situation 100x more the 6 months i lived DT after college vs. the 9 months i lived in crowne oaks after college.

parking passes cost $500 a year now? Pretty sure it was $150 a decade ago

parking passes cost $500 a year now? Pretty sure it was $150 a decade ago

Pretty sure it was around there when I was living with a grad student last year. And that doesn't even guarantee a spot on campus these days with the new construction cutting down on spots (that were scarce enough before).

I think the off campus permits (god dome) are even 300 bucks. Shit's cray.

Back