• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apathy

The direction of the program stuff referred to post season success. Culture came out (/was made-up) well after the fact.

So to fix the post season success issue, or lack thereof, we simply decided that we would not particpate in the post season at all- BRILLIANT! :(

One of my friends (who is a Carolina fan) texted me at the end of the game from fantastic seats in the Joel -
"That Bzz can't last. His offense is so god awful. There is zero plan on offense, and Harris just stands in the corner for 20 to 25 seconds. Why can't Bzz run plays to get the ball in the hands of the guys that can score. Wake's players are scared to shoot. I heard "shoot the ball" from the frustrated Wake fans around me a zillion times. I feel frustrated for you."

Can you believe that? Even the most hated rival's fans - feel bad for us to have to stand aside and take it up the kiester from Bzz.

After our next two games, hopefully we can win 3 out of 4 before facing Duke at home, and get a better showing from the fans. No reason we can't do it with Clemson/GT/BC at home and Miami on the road. We could win all of those games.

Is it bad that I can't even muster up the effort to be upset by our performance any more?

Babydeac, if the team is winning the fans will be there. Just as it is in any sport.

The Ron well man hate still kills me. No one should expect Bzz gone anytime soon. When Dino was axed the rumors were due to high ups not liking the direction of the program, and they paid for that buyout. Not saying that was a great move or not but I think that is the overwhelming consensus. So why on earth do people think wellman will move along from bzz before he gives the "clean up the program" guy time to do what he was hired to do.

Now I'm not saying this was a great hire or even a good hire by any means but if you sit down and look at it as I am you should expect bzz to be here for 4 years is my guess. That logic seems to make sense to me but I'm obviously open to other more informed sides of the equation haha. Obviously the public opinion is pretty pissed with the state of the current program but if the guys who paid to out Dino are okay with the direction now and see brighter days under bzz then expect 4 years at least.

Sweet. 2 solid paragraphs of revisionist bullshit.

Is it bad that I can't even muster up the effort to be upset by our performance any more?

is it bad that i was more upset by the makeup of the crowd than the result from the game? not blaming fans. im just upset at how much bzzzz has destroyed any hope for this program.

Nevermind that the rumors about the "big wigs" being unhappy are far stronger right now than the revisionist BS that tau is spouting about Dino.

Nevermind that the rumors about the "big wigs" being unhappy are far stronger right now than the revisionist BS that tau is spouting about Dino.

If thats the case then you would argue that bzz is gone after this season right? Do you think that will happen? Given the people ive talked to I just think itll play out the way I posted. Sorry if you disagree, you are more than welcome to give me a more informedopinion or blueprint.

Would LOVE more information on rumors about "BIG WIGS"......could this be?

Would LOVE more information on rumors about "BIG WIGS"......could this be?

Purely anecdotal...

Of the 2 Moricle society donors I've spoken to, 1 likes [Redacted] and the other wants him gone yesterday.

I often wonder that there might not even be enough "Big Wigs" in the Moracle Society or whatever to make a change. Thus, making Wellman a Monarchy.

Take it for what its worth, as it's just my opinion, but Ron Wellman was unhappy with the direction of the program and he made the move. Ron Wellman thinks his shit doesn't stink and that he can do no wrong and has now staked his legacy to Bz. Ron Wellman won't fire Bz at this point because Ron Wellman can't admit he was horribly wrong in this hire.

If we're a .500 ACC team in two years Wellman will try to spin Bz as a success.

Babydeac, if the team is winning the fans will be there. Just as it is in any sport.

The Ron well man hate still kills me. No one should expect Bzz gone anytime soon. When Dino was axed the rumors were due to high ups not liking the direction of the program, and they paid for that buyout. Not saying that was a great move or not but I think that is the overwhelming consensus. So why on earth do people think wellman will move along from bzz before he gives the "clean up the program" guy time to do what he was hired to do.

Now I'm not saying this was a great hire or even a good hire by any means but if you sit down and look at it as I am you should expect bzz to be here for 4 years is my guess. That logic seems to make sense to me but I'm obviously open to other more informed sides of the equation haha. Obviously the public opinion is pretty pissed with the state of the current program but if the guys who paid to out Dino are okay with the direction now and see brighter days under bzz then expect 4 years at least.

If true, they'll have plenty of seats to choose from at the Joel.

^^^THIS^^^

Take it for what its worth, as it's just my opinion, but Ron Wellman was unhappy with the direction of the program and he made the move. Ron Wellman thinks his shit doesn't stink and that he can do no wrong and has now staked his legacy to Bz. Ron Wellman won't fire Bz at this point because Ron Wellman can't admit he was horribly wrong in this hire.

If we're a .500 ACC team in two years Wellman will try to spin Bz as a success.

You are correct with the exception of the timing. He started with that spin BS last year. He was on the radio after the home games. Ron makes that Iraqi Information Minister look sane.

FUCK JEFF [Redacted]. FIRE THE SON OF A BITCH.

I will be out and avoiding the game on Saturday. It didn't work with UNC but who knows, it might work with State. I know it's not much but it's the best I can do for the moment.

I will be out and avoiding the game on Saturday. It didn't work with UNC but who knows, it might work with State. I know it's not much but it's the best I can do for the moment.

Beat you to it for the UNC game; didn't find out who won until I got to work the next day. My strategy, while not of the epic variety, does qualify as a fail.

Back