• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

App State & Georgia Southern to join Sunbelt Wednesday

Its going out this summer before the upcoming football season

Really?! I know its on the list of facility improvements (give track and field their own facility) but had not heard that we had the funding or the site for new facility yet. Great news. Link?

It's the best city. Johnson C. Smith and Johnson & Wales are also in Charlotte. And guess what, UNC-Charlotte is all in Mecklenburg County in the city limits.

Yeah, I'd say UNC-Charlotte has an athletic program comparable to the Johnson & Wales Mixing Bowls! :laugh:

I always thought GoNiners was a Moon parody...am I wrong? Why are people responding?

Im just pissed that we didn't get in C-USA, sucks that majority of our games are against schools nobody knows about in Texas and Louisiana. We had to go D1 at some point I think because 1aa may become irelavent down the road. D1 will definently be not as fun as competing for titles, but hopefully we will eventually dominate the sun belt and then maybe leave it.

You can thank the administration at UNCC, in part, for the rejection by CUSA. They were working HARD against ASU being asked to join.

I was in the conversation. Nothing written that I am aware of.

So Jim Grobe got pissed about a private conversation you had with Jerry Moore about losing to Clemson (in a game that App apparently did not play) and comparing that to losing to Wake? Weird.

Just because your hillbilly friends are too stupid to cut the cheese at a top academic institution doesn't say anything about the institution. I guess the leaf doesn't fall far from the tree in regard to being dumb, huh? I'm sorry that we don't offer Orienteering as a major, we;re more focused on things that can get you a job like our top rated in the state Accounting program or our vehicular engineering program that puts practical things to work. All you've got at that school is a bunch of dope smokers and thru-hikers who wind up working in the drive-thru. Our school is growing and will soon be the second largest in the state while Governor McCrory, who was the MAYOR OF CHARLOTTE, basically insures that we will continue to grow while your school is in danger of being washed away by a budget wasterslide and a real life waterslide. You'll never get the mud off of your old and aging stadium. I bet that McCrory will come back and be mayor again someday too.

Remind me to never get a hot dog or soft pretzel at your stadium.

That was the year ASU also played Clemson and got killed. Moore said something to the effect that he expected to lose to Clemson but not to Wake. It was a pretty disparaging comment. Grobe then said that as long as Jerry Moore was coaching at ASU Wake Forest would never play them again in football. (Now, that could have just been an excuse by Grobe, but that is what happened).

ASU hasn't played Clemson since 1997. Jim Grobe came to Wake Forest in 2001. But don't let the facts get in the way of your story.

So Jim Grobe got pissed about a private conversation you had with Jerry Moore about losing to Clemson (in a game that App apparently did not play) and comparing that to losing to Wake? Weird.

Jerry Moore made the comment out loud where a lot of people could hear it, not a private conversation, and it was reported back to Grobe, whose response was that he would never play ASU again as long as Moore was the coach at ASU. The final game between the 2 schools (2001) was already scheduled, which is why one more game was played after Grobe said what he did.

ASU hasn't played Clemson since 1997. Jim Grobe came to Wake Forest in 2001. But don't let the facts get in the way of your story.

No facts are in the way. That is what happened. I don't blame Grobe in the least for his reaction because Moore was out of line saying what he did.

Jerry Moore made the comment out loud where a lot of people could hear it, not a private conversation, and it was reported back to Grobe, whose response was that he would never play ASU again as long as Moore was the coach at ASU. The final game between the 2 schools (2001) was already scheduled, which is why one more game was played after Grobe said what he did.

Oh spare me for crying out loud

You can thank the administration at UNCC, in part, for the rejection by CUSA. They were working HARD against ASU being asked to join.

Our school is UNCC but the name of the sports teams is Charlotte. Remember it because you'll be screaming it later when we'vw got our foot on your neck and you wnat to go back to FCS.

And, more importantly, you reap what you so. We wanted to play football in your conference for a couple of years in our way to CUSA and all you little bitches got together and said no. What comes around go around and you weep what you so.

"Reap what you SO"? "Weep what you SO"? Did you graduate from high school? The word would be "sew". Bless your little heart....keep trying....

You are too much. I am still shocked at the lengths that the AD and its supporters (I assume you fall in to one or both categories) to demonize Jerry Moore. You all should feel ashamed and should have trouble sleeping.

"Reap what you SO"? "Weep what you SO"? Did you graduate from high school? The word would be "sew". Bless your little heart....keep trying....

Actually, you reap what you sow.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7

Back