• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

App State & Georgia Southern to join Sunbelt Wednesday

You are too much. I am still shocked at the lengths that the AD and its supporters (I assume you fall in to one or both categories) to demonize Jerry Moore. You all should feel ashamed and should have trouble sleeping.

I sleep quite well thank you, because I know the TRUTH of what happened with him. If you did, you would feel the same way. I am not making any of this up, so if anyone 'demonized' Jerry it was himself.

Jerry Moore made the comment out loud where a lot of people could hear it, not a private conversation, and it was reported back to Grobe, whose response was that he would never play ASU again as long as Moore was the coach at ASU. The final game between the 2 schools (2001) was already scheduled, which is why one more game was played after Grobe said what he did.

Why would Grobe, as the coach of Ohio in 1997, get angry over what Jerry Moore said about Wake Forest?

Last edited:
So this move is for all sports, correct? I'm sure the APP powers have run the math, but hard to see how joining a low profile FBS conference for football offsets the close distance (and close ties/rivalries) of all your other sports with teams like Davidson, WCU, Furman, Elon, etc.

So this move is for all sports, correct? I'm sure the APP powers have run the math, but hard to see how joining a low profile FBS conference for football offsets the close distance (and close ties/rivalries) of all your other sports with teams like Davidson, WCU, Furman, Elon, etc.

Something like 17 of 20 sports.

I sleep quite well thank you, because I know the TRUTH of what happened with him. If you did, you would feel the same way. I am not making any of this up, so if anyone 'demonized' Jerry it was himself.

What did Moore say about Grobe's mother, I heard he said something about his mother?

I have no idea about the Moore/Grobe/Clemson/Wake issue, but Jerry did screw himself with regard to his retirement/relieving of duties at App. That is with out question. I love Jerry Moore, and hate that his image has been tarnished, but that is all on him, unfortunately.

Let me know if you want us to write a letter of recommendation for you for C-USA!

1353968029_borat-not-jb.jpg

God I hope we schedule yall because we will whoop your asses

I have no idea about the Moore/Grobe/Clemson/Wake issue, but Jerry did screw himself with regard to his retirement/relieving of duties at App. That is with out question. I love Jerry Moore, and hate that his image has been tarnished, but that is all on him, unfortunately.

I disagree. Cobb came to him and told him he had to leave. In my opinion Moore has earned the right to leave on his own terms...I don't give a damn what he did. Short of running afoul of the NCAA (never accused of) he should have been able to stay as long as he wanted to. Fuck Charlie Cobb...he did not build that football program, Jerry Moore did. This nonsense that the game had passed Moore by is just that, nonsense. The man has not lost more than 3 1AA games in one year in nearly a decade. He has won his conference title 7 or the last 8 years. This years team was (is) going to be the most talented team we have had since the Championship years. The program was doing fine. Again, this was all about Cobb's ego and his desire to move up to FBS.

I disagree. Cobb came to him and told him he had to leave. In my opinion Moore has earned the right to leave on his own terms...I don't give a damn what he did. Short of running afoul of the NCAA (never accused of) he should have been able to stay as long as he wanted to. Fuck Charlie Cobb...he did not build that football program, Jerry Moore did. This nonsense that the game had passed Moore by is just that, nonsense. The man has not lost more than 3 1AA games in one year in nearly a decade. He has won his conference title 7 or the last 8 years. This years team was (is) going to be the most talented team we have had since the Championship years. The program was doing fine. Again, this was all about Cobb's ego and his desire to move up to FBS.

You realize his contract was up, and they weren't going to renew it? Cobb gave him the opportunity at a job post coaching. Jerry didn't want it and told him he would coach the last year and retire. Then Jerry tried to change the agreement when the season ended.

Anyways, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Sounds like Charlie Cobb could handle our [Redacted] situation.

You realize his contract was up, and they weren't going to renew it? Cobb gave him the opportunity at a job post coaching. Jerry didn't want it and told him he would coach the last year and retire. Then Jerry tried to change the agreement when the season ended.

Anyways, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

You are exactly correct on how it happened. There was a signed agreement between Cobb and Moore. Moore was offered a job in the athletic office but he said he wanted to coach his last year, which Cobb agreed to. When the season was over Moore tried to undo the agreement, to no avail, thank goodness. He could not have been any less of a gentleman in the situation if he had tried. ASU has moved on; Satterfield is the coach; everyone one is happy.

You are exactly correct on how it happened. There was a signed agreement between Cobb and Moore. Moore was offered a job in the athletic office but he said he wanted to coach his last year, which Cobb agreed to. When the season was over Moore tried to undo the agreement, to no avail, thank goodness. He could not have been any less of a gentleman in the situation if he had tried. ASU has moved on; Satterfield is the coach; everyone one is happy.

Signed agreement? Please show me a link or anything to say there was a "signed agreement"

I am calling BS on a signed agreement...but I guess you know the TRUTH.

This is all semantics anyway. Moore had earned the right to leave on his own terms...that did not happen. If only we could all have the class of Charlie Cobb. The man that goes around applying for jobs with a resume built on the back of a man he forced out. Now that is class defined.

Signed agreement? Please show me a link or anything to say there was a "signed agreement"

I do believe at some point it was produced for the public to see. It is all water under the bridge now anyway. He is gone; no one misses him; Scott Satterfield is the new coach and ASU is moving forward (at least in football. Can't say the same thing about basketball. Maybe Jeff Capel would like to come to Wake? ha ha)

Back