• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

App State @ Michigan - Round 2

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051613aaa.html

Michigan will play three of its four non-conference games at the Big House in 2014. The Maize and Blue will open the season at home against Appalachian State on Aug. 30 before traveling to Notre Dame in the second week of the season (Sept. 6). U-M will host Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 13 before finishing the non-conference slate on Sept. 20 with the front end of a home-and-home with Utah at Michigan Stadium.

Also, holy shit what an awful home schedule. App State, Miami (Ohio), Utah, Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana, Maryland.

I will be there like I was when we beat them....don't expect the same results (although this time we will at least have as many schollys as they do).

This has been known for a year or so now. Can't wait to make the trip.

Will Gameday broadcast from Michigan-Maryland? What a huge matchup.

I have a feeling that that game may not be comfortable for App. State.

None of App's 1A games since then (other than the 09 game against ECU) have been comfortable.

Last edited:
They could beat App 100-0 and it still will not erase the sting of 9-1-07.

Actually, the worse Michigan beats them from now on, it will only accentuate the sting of 9-1-07. Close games will legitimize ASU. Blowouts will just remind everyone how U-M broke the first cardinal rule of all sports: take all opponents seriously.

More importantly, lets focus on the fact that the Big 10 won't play 1-AA teams, but they're certainly fine with playing a fledgling 1-A team one year removed from 1-AA.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051613aaa.html

Michigan will play three of its four non-conference games at the Big House in 2014. The Maize and Blue will open the season at home against Appalachian State on Aug. 30 before traveling to Notre Dame in the second week of the season (Sept. 6). U-M will host Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 13 before finishing the non-conference slate on Sept. 20 with the front end of a home-and-home with Utah at Michigan Stadium.

Also, holy shit what an awful home schedule. App State, Miami (Ohio), Utah, Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana, Maryland.

Wow their home slate next year is pathetic. How do they not play Michigan State at home for back to back years? At least this season they've got Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Nebraska at home (plus Central Michigan, Akron, Minnesota, and Indiana). I'd buy season tickets this year but not next season. Weird that they play Minny and Indiana at home 2 years in a row.

Edited to add this thread was the first I'd heard of App joining D1.

Last edited:
More importantly, lets focus on the fact that the Big 10 won't play 1-AA teams, but they're certainly fine with playing a fledgling 1-A team one year removed from 1-AA.

The contract was signed at least a year ago, before App joined the Sun Belt and before the Big Ten announced it wasn't playing FCS teams.

But App was a 1-AA team when they beat Michigan. I'm surprised they ever took the game then. Usually, they go for Central Michigan or Miami (Ohio) or another local draw.

The contract was signed at least a year ago, before App joined the Sun Belt and before the Big Ten announced it wasn't playing FCS teams.

This is correct. Like I said, we've known about the rematch for over a year now. Definitely not new news

Back