• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Appy State job open, let's get the Lobo to App State campaign going!!!!

I don't really think we need to agree to disagree because I am not sure I disagree...especially if you take out the word agreement. I don't know anything about the situation other than what has been in the paper (and it sounds like you might). But I could very easily see it as Moore knowing that Cobb had told him this would be his last year and he decided not to play along.

I do agree this will probably be good for the long term health of the program as long as we did not do this so we could move up to some BS FBS conference. If, in fact that is what this is about it will be the death of the ASU football program as it now exists.

Check your pm.

For you APP followers, who is the analyst for the radio broadcasts; sounds like he probably played at APP. Anyway, he totally called the block on the extra point in OT; said that they had come close to blocking the previous few kicks and if APP didn't adjust they would get to the kicker. He was pretty perflexed that the coaches made no adjustments.

I don't care if he was drooling on himself, that man deserved to go out on hi own terms. Total classless move by the AD (if he was forced out).

That being said, Scott Satterfield (acting coach) is 10 times the coach Lobo is in his best dream.

He was NOT forced out!! Charlie Cobb is a first-class guy all the way around and the way it was reported is the way it happened. They had a conversation about this last year and it was decided then that this was going to be his last year.

Moore is such a classy guy he would never let the public know if he was being courted by a D1A program but I know for a fact that he was approached by at least 2 schools when I was at App (95-99). The discussions never went past initial contact because Moore (more importantly Moore's wife) did not want to leave Boone.

edit: I think you are probably right about his son but that "issue" was resolved. He was fired last year. Why fire Moore now? Again, in my opinion the man earned the right to leave on his own terms. Especially considering the program is not in decline.

He was not fired

I don't really think we need to agree to disagree because I am not sure I disagree...especially if you take out the word agreement. I don't know anything about the situation other than what has been in the paper (and it sounds like you might). But I could very easily see it as Moore knowing that Cobb had told him this would be his last year and he decided not to play along.

I do agree this will probably be good for the long term health of the program as long as we did not do this so we could move up to some BS FBS conference. If, in fact that is what this is about it will be the death of the ASU football program as it now exists.

it has nothing to do with moving up or not. Right now no one is knocking on ASU's door inviting them to join a conference, and that invitation may never come. Regardless, Moore knew this was his last year.

For you APP followers, who is the analyst for the radio broadcasts; sounds like he probably played at APP. Anyway, he totally called the block on the extra point in OT; said that they had come close to blocking the previous few kicks and if APP didn't adjust they would get to the kicker. He was pretty perflexed that the coaches made no adjustments.

Exactly! Everyone in the stands saw it coming as well.

Sometimes perception is reality, but not in this case. Trust me, he was NOT fired.

Except it sounds like Moore wanted to come back, but was told he couldn't. Maybe there was a conversation a year ago, but Moore changed his mind, and was told to pack his bags.

Changing his mind was not an option. He knew that.

Moore had earned the right to change his mind. Fact is: he wanted to come back. Whether that means he was "fired" or not doesn't really matter. Fwiw, if he had years left on his contract, wanted to come back, but wasn't allowed, it sounds like ASU terminated the employment relationship.

Moore had earned the right to change his mind. Fact is: he wanted to come back. Whether that means he was "fired" or not doesn't really matter. Fwiw, if he had years left on his contract, wanted to come back, but wasn't allowed, it sounds like ASU terminated the employment relationship.

Contract was up. He had agreed to one last year. Period. End of discussion. It is TIME for a change.....

Back