• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apt. Recommendations in Atlanta

ctdeac13

Reaction score
I am graduating in May and moving to Atlanta. I am looking to find a nice apartment. I am going to be working in Kennesaw so I am looking for something closer to I-75. I have been looking in Vinings and Buckhead since they aren't too far away and are relatively young/fun places to live. I am going down to Atlanta next weekend to look at apartments. I am open areas other than Vinings and Buckhead. Does anybody have any recommendations on some good complexes? Thanks for the help.

Vinings is not a hotbed for the just graduated, but most recent grads are also not working in Kennesaw. I think "real" Vinings makes sense since you can just on 75N in a hurry. I know Go used to live in an Apt in the area, but there are a ton. I just moved to Vinings and I like it, but I am old and tired.

Vinings is not a hotbed for the just graduated, but most recent grads are also not working in Kennesaw. I think "real" Vinings makes sense since you can just on 75N in a hurry. I know Go used to live in an Apt in the area, but there are a ton. I just moved to Vinings and I like it, but I am old and tired.

he didnt say he was a middle aged punk with 3 kids. i was going with his expectations.

also, commuting from midtown to kennesaw is easy peasy. you are going against traffic both times.

I used to work up near the cumberland exit and it was a breeze heading north in the morning and south in the evening

he didnt say he was a middle aged punk with 3 kids. i was going with his expectations.

also, commuting from midtown to kennesaw is easy peasy. you are going against traffic both times.

I used to work up near the cumberland exit and it was a breeze heading north in the morning and south in the evening
Right and then tack on 25 miles each way to kennesaw

I live in Vinings, and I love it. To be fair, though, I'm 29 and not much of a city girl, so Vinings is more of my style.

There are some nice-looking apartment complexes at Paces Ferry and Cumberland -- never been inside, but I drive past them on my way to work. There are also some places a bit north of the area off of Akers Mill that look pretty sweet, and they're right on the river. Only downside is that 285 is about 20 yards from your door.

Yeah I've looked in Mid Town too. I found a nice place near GT. Some of my friends from the ATL area have recommended Vinings and Buckhead so I'm going off of those recommendations. I am limited by my budget so I think I'd spend at most $1100 a month but obviously it would be nice to spend less.

Reactions: Go
I can give you a reference so you can get a little off your rent at a couple of places in the Vinings.

Also, if you want to live in Kennesaw, the KSU chicks up there are hot as hell.

Vinings (really Smyrna) can be fun but you're going to eventually want to live ITP. ITP is more expensive and will add an extra 20 mins to your commute easily.

Yeah I've looked in Mid Town too. I found a nice place near GT. Some of my friends from the ATL area have recommended Vinings and Buckhead so I'm going off of those recommendations. I am limited by my budget so I think I'd spend at most $1100 a month but obviously it would be nice to spend less.

Danger danger on the GTech areas. High crime.

most evenings, going south on 75 from vinings to midtown is more congested than going north from midtown to vinings. don't know why, but it is.

I can give you a reference so you can get a little off your rent at a couple of places in the Vinings.

Vinings (really Smyrna) can be fun but you're going to eventually want to live ITP. ITP is more expensive and will add an extra 20 mins to your commute easily.

That would be sweet. I have heard that KSU chicks are hot but I think it makes more sense to try and live in the perimeter even though it's more expensive.

I lived in a Vinings apartment back in the day. Loved living there...and there is a lot more in the way of fun restaurants/bars in the Paces Ferry/Cumberland area now than there was then.

I'm sure I"ll regret asking, but why exactly?

I live in Vinings, and I love it. To be fair, though, I'm 29 and not much of a city girl, so Vinings is more of my style.

There are some nice-looking apartment complexes at Paces Ferry and Cumberland -- never been inside, but I drive past them on my way to work. There are also some places a bit north of the area off of Akers Mill that look pretty sweet, and they're right on the river. Only downside is that 285 is about 20 yards from your door.

Yeah, I would stay away from these. Heavy traffic and they vary greatly in diversity from young to lower income families. The ones at paces and cumberland area are where to look. I would not go with GO's advice to live in Smyrna. Stay ITP Vinings so you can be in Buckhead in ten minutes and midtown in 15.

I nice apt in midtown thats not a studio is going to be at or over your $1100 budget. I lived at a post 1BR in midtown right after school and that was $1200 10 years ago.

Agree with GO, stay away from GTech, although there are some decent apartments a little north of there in West Midtown that arent bad and probably cheaper than midtown proper. West midtown might be a decent option since it is right on 75 and has cheaper rents.

Right out of school I would go Midtown, Buckhead, Virginia Highlands or Inman Park. Just suck it up and make the reverse commute. You probably wont have this job for long anyway, and you only get your twenties once.

There is no sure thing about "going against traffic" on I-75. If the perimeter backs up, you could be sitting there regardless.

I lived near Kennesaw and worked in midtown. That's a long commute even when traffic wasn't bad. However, I can understand trading that for better weekend life in midtown or vinings. If you do that, minimize time on surface streets and stick close to I-75.

Well, when you're here in ATL get up really early one morning and make the drive from Midtown to Kennesaw and see if it's something you would want to do five days a week.

I agree with Palmetto...that's a long way, over 20 miles, and then you have to factor in the traffic. There are some great apartments in the Vinings area and it's easy to jump on 75 when you want to go down to Midtown/VH and it's easy to head over to Buckhead. My brother lived at Post Riverside (technically Buckhead because it's on the other side of the river) for a couple of years and he enjoyed it.

Back