• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Archie Miller

If the best we can get is a 3rd year mid-major head coach with mediocre results then I don't want to be a Wake Forest basketball fan.

We should be shooting for someone with a better resume than Archie freaking Miller

I think a big thing with Archie is that although he has only coached 3 years, he has completely turned over the roster with his guys.

1st year: Kenpom rank 71 up 30 spots from Gregory's final season with very very similar roster to Gregory's final year

to this year (year 3) only having 2 players from his 1st year team. Only two players that will play against Syracuse tomorrow weren't brought to Dayton by Miller.

The fact that he has had some success with two completely different rosters sets and is succeeding with his players mitigates risk quite a bit. That's really different from a 3 year head coach that has only had success with largely one player group that he didn't recruit.

Like Masiello?

I'd say the results on the court aren't as impressive as what Mike White did at a far inferior program in Louisiana Tech (which finished 245th in KP the year before he took over and lost their two best players by far) taking them to 38th in KP this year with only two holdovers from his predecessor. (and unlike with Dayton, those two are bench players).

But I think Archie is also going to be a bawse coach.

If the best we can get is a 3rd year mid-major head coach with mediocre results then I don't want to be a Wake Forest basketball fan.

We should be shooting for someone with a better resume than Archie freaking Miller

I mean, he had a strong enough resume as a 32 year old to get a top 75ish job in the country w/ 0 years experience. And then on top of that I think his 3 years at Dayton have been really really strong if you read between the lines.

Can't always wait until the big success comes before pulling the trigger. Gotta project out a little.

I mean, he had a strong enough resume as a 32 year old to get a top 75ish job in the country w/ 0 years experience. And then on top of that I think his 3 years at Dayton have been really really strong if you read between the lines.

Can't always wait until the big success comes before pulling the trigger. Gotta project out a little.

And that would have been fine 4 years ago...but after the Buzz debacle and Syracuse/Pitt/Louisville additions, we need to hit the ground running with a home run to keep from falling further behind, let alone catch up to the rest of the big boys.

Jared Sullinger on being happy for Dayton even after they beat his Buckeyes: "I love Archie. I love Archie to death."

#playerscoach

I like Archie, he needs a haircut but I really liked how his team played against OSU. I also think he has Little brother envy. Obviously he is a tier 3 guy with Masiello, White, Amaker (IMO)

I like Archie, he needs a haircut but I really liked how his team played against OSU. I also think he has Little brother envy. Obviously he is a tier 3 guy with Masiello, White, Amaker (IMO)

Tier one is obvious. Who's in your tier two?

Where's Vinny? .500 or better and reached the playoffs 4 outta 5 years.

Didn't feel this way before Va. Tech hired Buzz Williams, but now agree totally. For IAI and others, I know you want someone with the potential for greatness. These guys with a thin resume also have the potential for failure at this level. Then what? Just say "oh well, guess he wasn't great after all. Another wasted 4 years...."

Based on RW'a track record an stated criteria for the football hire, I'm putting money on Archie.

Conference champion - check
Private school - check
Midwestern exposure - check

ARCHIE coaches in Ohio - therefore by RULE - he is our #1 candidate. Ron only hires people who are from Ohio or that have coached in Ohio.

Just keep winning, buddy. Archie is going to be a fucking stud one day.

This. If we can't land Shaka or Howland then I like going for Miller. In give years he probably will be too big to consider Wake.

Back