• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Archie Miller

May be buried in one of the many coaches threads, but Archie and his hot wife have agreed to an extension

http://beta.thescore.com/news/462213

PI-CBK-Dayton-ArchieMiller-131214.jpg

A contract through 2019? And I heard him talking about how much he loved Dayton yesterday. Have to think it'll probably cost a ton to get him out of that contract, that is, if he'd even like to come to Wake.

A contract through 2019? And I heard him talking about how much he loved Dayton yesterday. Have to think it'll probably cost a ton to get him out of that contract, that is, if he'd even like to come to Wake.

Most of the buy outs for coaches at that level are around $500,000 or less.

Someone reported 750,000 but don't think it was sourced.

Archie's extension isn't a big deal. Private schools almost never publicly announce extensions in this manner. The announcement was clearly a strategic decision to try to keep Wake/Marquette away from him.

Archie's extension isn't a big deal. Private schools almost never publicly announce extensions in this manner. The announcement was clearly a strategic decision to try to keep Wake/Marquette away from him.

I saw the link in his wife's Twitter feed from this morning. You'd think she wants to get PAID rather than scare off suitors.

I saw the link in his wife's Twitter feed from this morning. You'd think she wants to get PAID rather than scare off suitors.

The announcement was to keep team focused on next weekend. If we offer he gone.

the extension announcement was simply to keep the team focused on their Sweet 16 game. Not an impediment at all to an Archie to Wake announcement in 1 week if Shaka does not work out.

Fast forward ten years and Coach Miller of WFU vs. Coach Wojo of Duke could be a big annual rivalry. Two short squatty former ACC PG's. Just need to bring Lebo into the Dean Dome.

Maybe, but didn't I hear last night that Wojo is now Marquette's target guy?

Of course Archie's lineage is from NC State. Another GREAT Wake coach also had Wolfpack lineage...Bones McKinney. Just checked Wikipedia to make sure my memory was correct and they mentioned he also played @ UNC.

Archie was tight with Herb and sat on NC State's bench when Herb was fired so he followed him to ASU. That kind of thing can take a little bit of the shine off your alma mater. It's not like he's tweeting Go Wolfpack every day.

Back