• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

are conservatives dumb?

dmcheatw

Reaction score
i had heard that people who identify as democrats score better on standardized intelligence tests than those who identify as republicans. i also heard that people who say they watch fox news exclusively are less informed than people who report they do not watch any cable news network at all.

could these things be true?

Conservatives would be smart if they could get begin to consider and articulate something more than "less" government or lower taxes is always/necessarily better malarkey. That's dumb. Period.

Start thinking and talking about how to do things better as a society, including our necessary governance.

I worked with a professor in grad school who was researching public opinion polls (mostly Gallop because the data was available for a long period of time). He was interested in the correlation between education level and party affiliation. Lower levels of education was highly correlated with Republican Party affiliation, higher levels of education was highly correlated with Democratic Party affiliation.

I worked with a professor in grad school who was researching public opinion polls (mostly Gallop because the data was available for a long period of time). He was interested in the correlation between education level and party affiliation. Lower levels of education was highly correlated with Republican Party affiliation, higher levels of education was highly correlated with Democratic Party affiliation.

College is nothing but liberal brainwashing.

Are members of today's Republican party conservative?

All we need to know about Ted Cruz is he considers Sarah Palin to be his "mentor".

"One speaker went as far as saying the president was a Muslim and separately urged the crowd of hundreds to initiate a peaceful uprising.

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group."

Welcome to the cockpit of the current "Republican" party. Even my friends who listen to Glenn Beck are getting sick of this kind of idiotic rhetoric.

"One speaker went as far as saying the president was a Muslim and separately urged the crowd of hundreds to initiate a peaceful uprising.

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group."

Welcome to the cockpit of the current "Republican" party. Even my friends who listen to Glenn Beck are getting sick of this kind of idiotic rhetoric.

There's a revolution coming, but it's only happening in one party, not the other half of the country.

Conservative is such a broad term that could mean a variety of different things on a variety of different issues. I don't think that conservatism equals republicanism.

Conservatives would be smart if they could get begin to consider and articulate something more than "less" government or lower taxes is always/necessarily better malarkey. That's dumb. Period.

Start thinking and talking about how to do things better as a society, including our necessary governance.
As opposed to Dems/liberals who always want more and more and bigger government because it's always the solution to every problem. That's smarter? There are no limits to "necessary government" from that point of view, which means there is no such thing. At least conservatives can describe what necessary governance means to them.....and it's not the late 1800s version of America that liberals always claim and then fight against.

Pourdeacs,
Please go into detail about what necessary government is? Be specific about what stays and what goes.

As opposed to Dems/liberals who always want more and more and bigger government because it's always the solution to every problem. That's smarter? There are no limits to "necessary government" from that point of view, which means there is no such thing. At least conservatives can describe what necessary governance means to them.....and it's not the late 1800s version of America that liberals always claim and then fight against.

Pour, a word if I may...

Whenever you find yourself being condescended to by someone whose response to being 17 trillion dollars in the whole is to insist on backpay for work that wasn't performed by admittedly nonessential employees, just politely smile and move on to other threads.

Pour, a word if I may...

Whenever you find yourself being condescended to by someone whose response to being 17 trillion dollars in the whole is to insist on backpay for work that wasn't performed by admittedly nonessential employees, just politely smile and move on to other threads.

because you're never one to condescend. or let an argument die.

This is such mindless, brainwashed crap. He's been doing this for years.

Who here "always wants mores and bigger government"?

What person here has EVER said "there are no limits to 'necessary government' "?

You post utter BS. Shows us proof of your assertions.

I think this thread is proof that conservatives are no dumber than their political counterparts. Bravo on a thread well done.

Back