• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are liberals dumb?

I'm puzzled as to why this is a "liberal" video.

If they don't capitalize on the current state of affairs in the GOP, hell yes they're dumb.

I'm puzzled as to why this is a "liberal" video.

The party advocating for an increase in the debt limit would be played by the guy who is advocating for an increase in the debt limit. He does not strike me as particularly wise, and neither does the party advocating for that increase in real life.

Last edited:
The party advocating for an increase in the debt limit would be played by the guy who is advocating for an increase in the debt limit. He does not strike me as particularly wise, and neither does the party advocating for that increase in real life.

It's a conservative video making fun of liberals for raising the debt limit by comparing our nation to individual finances. It's really a good example for the "Are Conservatives Dumb" thread. You easily could have found a better example for this thread.

It's a conservative video making fun of liberals for raising the debt limit by comparing our nation to individual finances. It's really a good example for the "Are Conservatives Dumb" thread. You easily could have found a better example for this thread.

Maybe they are just trying to individualize the probkem so that even liberals can understand.

Tina Fay said that, not Sarah Palin. Oh wait ... liberals don't know that?

Couric: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

Sarah Palin: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and, on our other side, the land-boundary that we have with Canada. It's funny that a comment like that was kinda made to … I don't know, you know … reporters.

Couric: Mocked?

Palin: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

Couric: Well, explain to me why that enhances your foreign-policy credentials.

Palin: Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of. And there…

Couric: Have you ever been involved in any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

Palin: We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state.

You're right, Fey's comment was more intelligent and coherent.

putin.jpg

I know that we could link videos of naieve liberals being naieve, but none of them sit around all day convincing themselves that they're God's gift to political discourse. Leave Peggy alone.

What is amusing to me is that the liberals who are sure(!) they're the smartest guys in the room have no answer for the $5 trillion in debt that has piled up during this Administration. None. They have plenty of blame (for others, naturally) and plenty of proposals to kick the can down the road by borrowing even more money to give backpay for work not performed by nonessential employees, but no actual answers to the problem. Smartest guys in the room, the nonconformists are either dumb, racist or likely both.

So I ask you, what's the Administration's plan to pay back the debt they've run up? When is the planned course correction, or have we simply stopped asking that question?

Last edited:
I thought the GOP controls the budget in the House and led the effort to guarantee back pay.

Two posts, no plans. Can we get to ten?

We are probably on the same board in terms of plans. Across the board 5% cuts, massive cuts to defense, getting rid of the inefficiency of our health care system which would help reduce entitlement spending. And raise taxes on the top 1%.

Back