• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are the STONES good again?!?! #Music

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
NEW ALBUM drops on the 20th and the reviews are HYPE.

this song actually sounds like they spent more than three hours writing it:

IF SO, how many artists have gone from f being good, then mediocre for decades, then good again?

the first single sounds like it was written in less than a day, but prob more than three hours:

Wait is this different than the usic or what are you listening to threads

Angry is pretty stock Stones... Not bad but not good either. First song is stock old bluesy Stones stretched out way too long, but I like it a lot better than Angry.

But they're rocking in their 80s. More power to them.

the first several tracks were the same basic mid-tempo rockers that they've come up in the last 30 years that were written in under two hours. the mccartney track was the worst offender maybe.

but some actual interesting tracks in the middle and end.

the first several tracks were the same basic mid-tempo rockers that they've come up in the last 30 years that were written in under two hours. the mccartney track was the worst offender maybe.

but some actual interesting tracks in the middle and end.

I listened to it in its entirety and it's actually pretty decent, even good at times. A bit overly produced and the drum sounds are not consistent on it (Charlie plays on only two tracks, but different drummers aren't the problem. Sounds like they're using different sets on a couple of the tracks, most notably Driving Me Too Hard).

Solid album, though not something I'd buy, and not the best output by a legacy act this year or even in the last few months. Peter Gabriel's latest sounds like it could've been released in the early 90s.

Not sure why they used Angry as the single. It's kinda like when Van Halen released Tattoo and it was the worst song on the album. Angry isn't the worst, but they had better options.

Back