• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are we going back to classic (2000's era) uniforms for football?

Brangus

Reaction score
I love the black on black home uniforms with the classic black helmet and gold WF. Plus there is a little tradition there as we had our most successful run in those uni's and helmets. Any news as to what gear will be worn in the fall? I hated the alternates from last year, and I especially hated the white helmets.

I would be surprised if there are any real changes this coming season, since last season marked the biggest change in our uniforms that I can remember in as far as having multiple helmets and jerseys. I like the black jerseys and gold pants, black on black combo, and I even don't mind the white helmets too much especially for road games, although I can take leave or leave them. Honestly though, if we were going to have white helmets, I would've gone full bore and used the ones with the Deacon head instead of the WF, but I heard Wellman vetoed that. The combo I really don't like is the black jerseys with the white pants for home games.

White helmets are dead. Outside of that, the uniforms wont be changing this year.

Thank god the white helmets are gone, epic failure on those.

Brangus -

I love the black on black home uniforms with the classic black helmet and gold WF. Plus there is a little tradition there as we had our most successful run in those uni's and helmets.

Actually, the the home/away jersey's were replaced since 2006.

live -

I would be surprised if there are any real changes this coming season, since last season marked the biggest change in our uniforms that I can remember in as far as having multiple helmets and jerseys.

The only change last season were the addition of the alternate matte black and white helmets with larger WF decals. Uniforms - which are around 6-7 years old now - stayed the same.

D4L -

White helmets are dead. Outside of that, the uniforms wont be changing this year.

If true it's extremely surprising and disappointing. Our unis and styling are now 6-7 years old and, given what most everyone else has done via NIKE, UnderArmour, Adidas and Russell, are very outdated. Thought for sure that Clawson would inject further excitement into his program by demanding new unis/helmets with a jazzy look or at the very least, something new.

Brangus -

live -

The only change last season were the addition of the alternate matte black and white helmets with larger WF decals. Uniforms - which are around 6-7 years old now - stayed the same.

D4L -

If true it's extremely surprising and disappointing. Our unis and styling are now 6-7 years old and, given what most everyone else has done via NIKE, UnderArmour, Adidas and Russell, are very outdated. Thought for sure that Clawson would inject further excitement into his program by demanding new unis/helmets with a jazzy look or at the very least, something new.

There was also the black helmet with the black WF, outlined in gold that was new.

I wondered about the white helmets as I was surpised that one team wasn't wearing them for the spring game.

Brangus -

live -

D4L -

I'm disappointed you forgot how to use the quote function when I taught it to you -- and you used it successfully! -- recently. Look, I just did it with this post!

I would actually prefer the Matte black helmet become our "staple" helmet.

Players seem to like the matte finish...cool...I just like the gold WF (however they do it) and black helmet. Gold jerseys are fine though I like the black better. As long as it isn't really hot temperature wise on the field, black on black is our slickest look, I think.

If I were Clawson I'd wait. A new coaching regime is enough to excite the fanbase. Keep uniforrm changes in your back pocket for when you need a second surge. And it will coincide with more of his own guys coming in, when hopefully we're better.

Great point, DeacDaddy.

The white ones could have been cool:

New-Wake-Forest-Football-Helmets-622x550.jpg

Our standard gloss black helmet with the gold logo is still the best look IMO- classy! :thumbsup:

I think it would be cool to go way back and use one of the old "W" patterns. I've seen several. Here's one. There's another kind of cursive one that I also like. I could see it in gold on a shiny black helmet.

baseballplayer_196x283.jpg

The white ones could have been cool:

New-Wake-Forest-Football-Helmets-622x550.jpg

That's I'm saying, if you're go for a white helmet then go all the way with the Deacon head and not the same WF that's on the black helmets. And save it for just a few select special games, maybe even just one a year or something.

I think it would be cool to go way back and use one of the old "W" patterns. I've seen several. Here's one. There's another kind of cursive one that I also like. I could see it in gold on a shiny black helmet.

baseballplayer_196x283.jpg

My uncle had an awesome sweatshirt with Wake Forest written in that old fashioned script/cursive.

Back