• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are WFU DKE's now "branded" for life?

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
Given today's political & social environment, is it a fair statement to say that any current DKE who aspires to any future highly visible position, i.e. judge, elected official, school administrator, coach, CEO, etc. will have the recent allegations potentially follow them throughout their careers? If I'm one of those guys and was not directly involved in the serious charges, I'm going back and documenting everything I can as to daily activities during my time in the fraternity: weekends away, receipts showing I was at a certain restaurant or gas station, phone records, photo timelines, you name it.
I'm kind of glad I've made my beans and did so pretty much before the age of rampant social media and the focus on "me too", white privilege, income inequality, etc. A lot of this we brought on ourselves, but you younger guys better be on your toes and watch your back, as a good portion of society would delight in knocking you off whatever perch you may aspire to one day.

oh my! won't someone please protect these poor kids?

Given today's political & social environment, is it a fair statement to say that any current DKE who aspires to any future highly visible position, i.e. judge, elected official, school administrator, coach, CEO, etc. will have the recent allegations potentially follow them throughout their careers? If I'm one of those guys and was not directly involved in the serious charges, I'm going back and documenting everything I can as to daily activities during my time in the fraternity: weekends away, receipts showing I was at a certain restaurant or gas station, phone records, photo timelines, you name it.
I'm kind of glad I've made my beans and did so pretty much before the age of rampant social media and the focus on "me too", white privilege, income inequality, etc. A lot of this we brought on ourselves, but you younger guys better be on your toes and watch your back, as a good portion of society would delight in knocking you off whatever perch you may aspire to one day.

Maybe they shouldn't associate with bad guys.

I don't thinks the DKE's do any branding. If HP was still alive, he could confirm.

I can assure you that most people don’t give a shit about what fraternity a person was in after graduation.

I can assure you that most people don’t give a shit about what fraternity a person was in after graduation.

O.K., but apparently they care a lot about what high school you went to when 35 y/o allegations surface.

interesting, that's exactly what Rush Limbaugh said about the girl who went to 10 or so "rape train" parties.

I'm betting the parties weren't set-up as "rape train parties". The vultures waited to see if they could find a victim, drug her or get her drunk.

As a 16-18 yo, we all thought we were able to protect ourselves and were invincible. No one could take advantage of us.

Quite different than a fraternity that has a reputation and being willing to join.

I’m a WFU DKE and i’m completely confused by this post. Are you making a point because of Kavanaugh (who went to a different college) or the current state affairs of the Wake DKE chapter? Unless you are a recent alum i can’t imagine either circumstance has anything to do with you (or me).

Back