• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you Libs getting worried yet?

No.

#1: Most of my Pub friends think Obama will win, and don't trust Romney for the next 10 days.
#2: If Romney wins, so what? It's not like there will be a big difference in government, outside Supreme Court appointments.
#3: Liberals have bigger balls than conservatives. We don't worry and rub our hands in anguish over life. We are more laid back. We aren't the ones scared that the rest of the world is out to get us. Romney wins? Ok. Our lives aren't dictated by the actions of others. We don't have to act tough to be tough.

No.

#1: Most of my Pub friends think Obama will win, and don't trust Romney for the next 10 days.
#2: If Romney wins, so what? It's not like there will be a big difference in government, outside Supreme Court appointments.
#3: Liberals have bigger balls than conservatives. We don't worry and rub our hands in anguish over life. We are more laid back. We aren't the ones scared that the rest of the world is out to get us. Romney wins? Ok. Our lives aren't dictated by the actions of others. We don't have to act tough to be tough.

I agree with #1 and #2, but it will be very interesting to see if #3 plays out (assuming Romney is somehow able to pull the upset). I doubt that laid back is going to be the operative word on these boards by the resident liberals.

I wouldn't be too upset if Romney won. I would be curious as to which Romney moves into the White House. I think even conservatives share that sentiment.

As long as my gay friends can get married sometime soon I'll be happy. That's about the only substantive difference between liberals and conservatives that really affects me

As long as my gay friends can get married sometime soon I'll be happy. That's about the only substantive difference between liberals and conservatives that really affects me

Obama can't accomplish that in the next four years as much as I'd love to see it.

I'm not convinced much would be different under Romney, so not really worried. It would be interesting to see what unfolds. I think Romney would have the same growing pains as Obama did as he learns his way. And I would like to see if he cuts taxes and makes cuts to spending beyond what he's promised so far, and if not, what the reaction will be if he digs us even deeper into a hole.

I'm not convinced much would be different under Romney, so not really worried. It would be interesting to see what unfolds. I think Romney would have the same growing pains as Obama did as he learns his way. And I would like to see if he cuts taxes and makes cuts to spending beyond what he's promised so far, and if not, what the reaction will be if he digs us even deeper into a hole.

He'll cut taxes, cut spending, grow the deficit, add to the debt, and continue the Bush doctrine of borderline tyrannical foreign policy. Not too much different from Obama at all.

• An electorate that leans more republican than it did in 2008 (per Gallop)
    Polls that consistently assume turnout that is closer to 2008 than 2004 (per anyone who can read poll assumptions)
    An advantage for Romney among independents (per most every poll)
    A tightening of the race in surprising places - I awoke to a MN poll by the Mpls Star Tribune that was +3 for Obama (down from +8 a month ago) that is within the margin of error (+3.5)
    A President who is campaigning more to his base than he is independents right now (MTV interview, Romnesia, "trust", etc.)
    Sounds to me like turnout will be key at this stage

Nah, but Iran should be.

Cantor, Ryan, Romney, Norquist, McConnell, PNAC, Heritage, and Rove/Koch/Adelson et al all sitting in a room coming up with schemes to tilt the playing field even more towards the top 2%, screw labor, cut entitlements for the elderly, restrict rights for gay Americans, deny health care to millions, treat women unfairly, poison the environment, appoint judges, start another chickenhawk ME war, and suck the Likud party's cocks sounds like a clusterfuck of the highest order.

yeah, I'm a little worried.

Last edited:
Romney has his focus where it should be-- on spending-- and not on stupid social issues like abortion or gay marriage (which should rightfully be confined to the states). He may be a tool and too flippity floppity for many, but I honestly don't know how anybody with a brain can vote for Obama. The guy is not only toxic with his economic policy, but a total dick as well (as confirmed by the debates and Woodward's book).

If Romney is elected and doesn't deliver on spending promises, the Republican Party is dead. Not only to me, but nationally. If there is any reason to root for a Romney presidency among Dems, it is for that possibility alone. This Tea Party shit isn't simply a concoction of the Koch brothers. The sentiment underlying it is very real. If Pubs can't reign in spending, they may as well go fuck themselves. We don't have a Cold War anymore, and we don't have fighting wars anymore. No more excuses. Don't take the money spent for that and spend it elsewhere. Simply don't fucking spend it. At all.

Anyway, sorry. A bit of a rant there on a thread that didn't invite it. I blame my Sunday hangover.

Romney has his focus where it should be-- on spending-- and not on stupid social issues like abortion or gay marriage (which should rightfully be confined to the states). He may be a tool and too flippity floppity for many, but I honestly don't know how anybody with a brain can vote for Obama. The guy is not only toxic with his economic policy, but a total dick as well (as confirmed by the debates and Woodward's book).

If Romney is elected and doesn't deliver on spending promises, the Republican Party is dead. Not only to me, but nationally. If there is any reason to root for a Romney presidency among Dems, it is for that possibility alone. This Tea Party shit isn't simply a concoction of the Koch brothers. The sentiment underlying it is very real. If Pubs can't reign in spending, they may as well go fuck themselves. We don't have a Cold War anymore, and we don't have fighting wars anymore. No more excuses. Don't take the money spent for that and spend it elsewhere. Simply don't fucking spend it. At all.

Anyway, sorry. A bit of a rant there on a thread that didn't invite it. I blame my Sunday hangover.

His focus is a bit blurry.

The recovery just hasn't been fast enough for your tastes, huh? Should taken a year or so. Growth should have been 4% a quarter from 2009 onward, right? And the government has full control of that, right? And the secret to that is: austerity!! gotcha, what a toxic President.

Credit freezes and overleveraged families lose their home values, and the President of the United States should fly in and flip the 'good' switch or he's a failure??? and that switch is the 'austerity' switch. a proven winner for struggling economies. good lord man

Last edited:
Back