• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

• Duke

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 60 57.1%

• Total voters
Roy Freakin Williams has been coaching this tar heel team since their turn around. Hubert Davis coached the first part of this basketball year.

I am blown away (but not surprised) that Coach RatFace has decided not to coach tomorrow night. Is there no end to this guy making sure he is the story line every chance he gets. The Putz is doing his Team a huge disservice.

Huh?

I am blown away (but not surprised) that Coach RatFace has decided not to coach tomorrow night. Is there no end to this guy making sure he is the story line every chance he gets. The Putz is doing his Team a huge disservice.

Did you unquestioningly believe something you saw on the internet on April 1?

i'm referring to perception, not reality. people who pay attention to college basketball, particularly the acc, typically recognize K and his more recent stratagem for what they are, to wit, a win-at-all-costs approach. in my experience, casual fans think duke players are model citizens who only stop studying and practicing basketball in order to go to church on their way to earning a degree from a top institution of higher learning (read: not NCCU). imo, K cultivates this misperception in an effort to maintain a public image.

Yet these same players include:

JJ Redick: "I'm not entirely convinced dinosaurs existed."

Kyrie Irving:
"Steak doesn't come from anything natural."
"I Don’t Think of Christmas as a Holiday."
“When the ball doesn’t go in the rim, the energy of the basketball can translate into the other end as well. That’s just basketball 101. That’s a choice that we have to make.”
"There Is Not One Real Picture of Earth."
"The Earth Is Flat."

and of course....
"Fuck Thanksgiving."

No? Really?? It was on PTI……the SOB is not stepping away?

On April Fools Day.

I remember last year, they led off with a story that Urban said the Jags were taking Fields over Lawrence. I looked it up, realized what it was, and chuckled.

Last edited:
I loathe both teams, but given my age I've hated UNC a lot longer. People who are old enough to remember Saint Dean in his prime know that at his peak he was just as insufferably smug and self-righteous as K. I've tried to decide which team to support tomorrow and I simply can't get beyond hoping the Superdome implodes and takes both teams with it. Having said that, I fully expect Duke to win - K has far more coaching experience than Davis, especially at this level, and Duke has the revenge factor after that embarrassing loss at Cameron. No matter which team wins, I seriously hope that Kansas or Villanova (most likely Kansas) will crush them on Monday night.

On April Fools Day.

I remember last year, they led off with a story that Urban said the Jags were taking Fields over Lawrence. I looked it up, realized what it was, and chuckled.

Ha…….well they got me. Wilbon was defending Coach K’s decision to turn it over to his successor and called it selfless.
Fill in Frank was blasting it as one of the poorest Coaching decisions he’s ever seen. That K was 50-49 v. Carolina and he likely wanted to keep it that way. Sounded so like him…..oh well. I was had.

Just rewatched it….opening story. They fessed up at the end of the story but I was so shocked I turned off the recording and went back to the SC v Louisville woman’s game….geez. Earlier in the day my sons texted me that the Jets traded Wilson to the Saints. I was driving back from Florida and almost wrecked the car……gawd, I hate this Day.

Hansbrough, Dante Calabria, Rasheed Wallace, Stackhouse, Rashad McCants, Warren Martin, Brendan Haywood, Matt Doherty, Mike Pepper, Hansbrough, Pierce Landry (or Lance Pendry or whatever the hell his name was) every goofy ass white boy who has ever sat on the end of the UNC bench and waved his arms like an idiot.

That being said, I would prefer for Duke to lose on Saturday.

And for those worried about Hubert starting out in the Final Four, so did Guthridge.

Who could forget this guy?

Kris-Lang.jpg

Reminds me of this:

Coach K out there talking about Bacot as the ACC POY.

What an asshole, yet again.

43 percent of the voters are pulling for Duke.

Dumb.

I don't think any of us PULL for either one of the two teams.
However, one will win so we can have a preference in the outcome.

I'm literally stuck in the dark blue crappy gym for work. I would rather cover a funeral than be in this building. The kult of k is strong.

Rock Chalk.

Back