• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari to USC (Pac-12)

I really hope Ari is the last father we recruit.

This is ridiculous. Aaron Curry immediately comes to mind. Philip Rivers, I would never want to recruit someone like him. I could think of like a million others, but how ignorant.

This is ridiculous. Aaron Curry immediately comes to mind. Philip Rivers, I would never want to recruit someone like him. I could think of like a million others, but how ignorant.

All thugs, just like that Brandon Davies from BYU.

If we recruit players like this guy we won't have to worry about it.
RackMultipart.12403.0_crop_340x234.jpg

Haha seriously there are probably 20 guys on the football team w kids. Chris Davis was like the college Cromartie.

Haha seriously there are probably 20 guys on the football team w kids. Chris Davis was like the college Cromartie.

This is hysterical. In other news, to bring our discussions full circle, he dated Dino's daughter.

If the reason he left WF was to get away from [Redacted], I don't know why he would go to USC. Kevin O'Neill is notoriously known as one of the biggest jerks in college basketball. Ask any Zona fan. He looks like he would be way harder to get along with than [Redacted].

SC is like Columbia. Each has great academics and is the ghetto.

Not sure what they wil have two years from now on the court.

Just generalizing, but I imagine it's quite difficult raising a child while attending a school like Wake, let alone trying to play major college basketball at a high level. Don't know much about Ari's story, but if someone in his situation can juggle all three of those things and not slack on his commitments, more power to him. Saying we should outright avoid players with kids is stupid, but discounting the added pressure and responsibility that brings to the table is shortsighted, too.

Lemme just flush out the rest of this JayBone thing:

Jay: I meant players with kids while we're recruiting them

Most everyone else: What's the difference, they can still play basketball

Jay: (Old, conservative argument) yada yada yada

Most everyone else: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to JAYBONE again."

Jaybone is old and conservative? really?

I could be wrong, but he may have been being sarcastic with the "father" comment

Jaybone is old and conservative? really?

I could be wrong, but he may have been being sarcastic with the "father" comment

Yeah I can't remember if he is or not, but I seemed to remember him not being very conservative. I do remember this debate before and I thought Jay may have been one of the people arguing against student-athletes with kids coming to Wake which was why I tried to condense the argument, I'm probably wrong though.
:werd:

SC is like Columbia. Each has great academics and is the ghetto.

Not sure what they wil have two years from now on the court.

Columbia is def not in the ghetto. That area has undergone gentrification like crazy.

Most? As in over 50%? Really?

I was referring to the idea that we shouldn't recruit fathers. Most of the athletes who are fathers now, weren't when they were being recruited. I hope it's obvious that I wasn't saying that most athletes become parents during college.

Back