• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Arizona Trip *Updated (NPT)

What happened with Tampa?

Very disappointed. We were going to book with Orbitz and we waited too long because we were trying to see what the weather was going to be like. The prices shot up so now we're going to Phoenix. :tard:

Sooooo, any suggestions?

Stay In or at least go to Sedona. It's going to hot as hell in PHX...15-20 degrees cooler in Sedona. From Sedona you can hit the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Antelope slot canyon and/ or Monument Valley...if you don't mind a lot of driving. We Stayed in Sedona and did all of the above, except for Grand Canyon, in two days. We stayed overnight in Monument Valley (View Hotel) and hit Canyon de Chelly on the way back. In Sedona, do a Pink Jeep tour and watch the sunset fro the airport.

If you want to do the Grand Canyon, it's a day trip from Sedona. There's a GC train from Williams that's supposed to be cool.

Last edited:
Get your feng shui on!

Seriously, Sedona is really cool. If I was going to Zona I would pick the north part of the state.

Plus you can make it to Vegas in a day.

I'm staying in Phoenix and plan on doing day trips to each the Canyon and Sedona. I know it will be quick but I heard it could be done.

Anyone know if Tombstone is worth the visit?

Any cool bars or restaurants I should try?

It's going to be 114 in Phoenix today...

BTW why aren't you using kayak rather than just orbitz?

Sedona is pretty much on the way to the Grand Canyon. Save yourself some headache and spend the night in Sedona.

It was 107 when we landed there last year - third week in September. It was 82 in Sedona and got down to 62 that night.

As long as you can get covered parking, the temperatures out here haven't been overwhelmingly unbearable.

Worst part is just getting into a car that's been sitting in the sun, even if it's been for 15 minutes.

We were driving to Phoenix one day when it was 115 from Palm springs all the way to Phoenix. We had to stop for gas. In the gas station was a Dairy Queen. We reached for the door handles. They were so hot that we had go back inside, get some napkins and wet them down to be able to open the car doors.

when are you going?

You can save money by frying your eggs on the roofs of your rental car.

I leave Tuesday morning and get back Sunday. Good advice on getting another hotel in Sedona or Flagstaff.

go to kayak....not too far from Flagstff on I-40 are full sized dionosaurs :)

Go to kayak for the best deal on hotel.

Echo those who say stay in Sedona. I can't remember the hotel we stayed at, but we did some research and got a good deal.

Back