• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Arkansas, 12/4 @ 7pm, ESPN3 - Free tix to WFBH Employees

Does it bother any of those of you who paid full price for your ticket(s) that Wake gives away free tickets to try to fill up the stands or sells $1.00 tickets to the Duke football game to accomplish the same purpose? Then if you have full priced tickets in your hand that your trying to get rid of for next to nothing or trying to buy some of them for next to nothing, the emperor has made sure that W-S's finest will make their appearance felt to kibash that sort of capitalism. Just wondering...

Does it bother any of those of you who paid full price for your ticket(s) that Wake gives away free tickets to try to fill up the stands or sells $1.00 tickets to the Duke football game to accomplish the same purpose? Then if you have full priced tickets in your hand that your trying to get rid of for next to nothing or trying to buy some of them for next to nothing, the emperor has made sure that W-S's finest will make their appearance felt to kibash that sort of capitalism. Just wondering...

Nope, not at all. I've never found myself looking around the stadium and wondering how much each person paid for their ticket. I'm happy to support the team and it's more fun with more fans in the stands.

Just like anything else in life. Airfares, cruise fares, tickets to a Broadway play. You can always take a chance and hope for a deal, but then you may get crappy seats or none at all. Lets hope the day is not too far off when we don't have to have promotions.

Wake Forest is favored by 7 points at my book this morning. A little higher than I would have expected.

Not sure what thread to post this in and whether this is already common knowledge but Codi's first game back will be Dec. 15 vs UNCG

Free tickets to college sporting events may be the wave of the future at WF. Just look at the empty seats now at FB and BB (for the past 3-4 years).

More butts in seats - bad calls by the refs - or Krzyzewski is 10 feet out on the court during live play - the olds get up and yell - young people see that - we get fired up and - win.

Winning is the key.

Deacs win, don't cover the number.

I tend to agree, though I think this game sets up well for us. Haven't played at home in the while... If the shots are falling, we could have a easy win. I just can't put my money on that kind of positive thinking.

There will be dancing in the streets around here if Wake wins by double-digits tonight, given last year's blowout @ Arkansas... But that was a much different Razorback team.

lol

The best part about the free tickets is that it's the Ron Wellman wear your socks right night.

I think at LSU by a decent margin. They have a superstar, but are not a good team.

Hope we find a way to win one of them. I tend to always think it is going to be easier to win a home game no matter the opponent. I just hope that isn't a 4 game losing streak (X, Lsu, Ville, & Duke). That will quickly bring back the doom & gloom. For whatever it's worth as of today those 2 games per Kpom will play out about the same:

Tue Dec 22 14 Xavier L, 81-76 75 32% Home
Tue Dec 29 88 LSU L, 84-79 78 35% Away

Nope, not at all. I've never found myself looking around the stadium and wondering how much each person paid for their ticket. I'm happy to support the team and it's more fun with more fans in the stands.

yeah but you're an AD plant though

Who is the more likely win? Xavier at home or @LSU?

LSU. I think that X is legit. Closest game was a 10 point win @USC. They've won all of their games convincingly and there's a strong chance that they could roll into the Joel undefeated. LSU has put up some real stinkers and has struggled defensively. They gave up 108 points to North Florida on Wednesday.

Who is the more likely win? Xavier at home or @LSU?

Probably LSU but not by much. Need to keep both games close and give ourselves a chance to win at the end. Having already played 2 true road games and 2 de facto road games should help us immensely at LSU.

LSU. I think that X is legit. Closest game was a 10 point win @USC. They've won all of their games convincingly and there's a strong chance that they could roll into the Joel undefeated. LSU has put up some real stinkers and has struggled defensively. They gave up 108 points to North Florida on Wednesday.

And they will roll out of the Joel with a loss! Just got my 4 tix to the game this AM. My mom works at WFBH and they were offering half price tickets.

Don't know where to put this but Jeff Borzello insider article on 10 freshmen that are outplaying their ranking:

Bryant Crawford, Wake Forest Demon Deacons

It’s not like Crawford was an unknown in high school. He played at Gonzaga College High School (D.C.) and was a national name since early in his career. His stock dipped a bit as his high school years progressed -- but he’s already proving people wrong. Crawford is averaging 14.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists, while shooting 39.1 percent from 3-point range. His turnovers are still too high, and that was an issue in high school as well. The way he’s stepped in and taken the reins of the Demon Deacons has been impressive, and his outside shooting is also a noticeable step up from last year. Crawford is the clear lead guard for Danny Manning’s team -- and he will be for four years.

Back