• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army's Floppier

Ron made a move for his flag and then caught himself.

I'm not a big hockey guy, but I think they really crack down of this kind of crap

Cory Helms's response:

@CoryHelms7251: “@WakeForestRah: Ahem #GoDeacs http://t.co/8skeOBDaDb” I guess I have super powers. What a flop �� #BeatArmy

Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png

Strong the force is in this one.

Bush league behavior. Unworthy of the Academy.

Probably comes from their coach. I know Clawson said he and Monkin are friends, but I wasn't impressed with Monkin's post game comments. He basically said we didn't do anything differently on defense in the 2nd half and the only reason we were able to stop them in the 2nd half was because of their penalties. Army did have some penalties that hurt them, but come on, we also made some good adjustments on defense to shut them down.

Probably comes from their coach. I know Clawson said he and Monkin are friends, but I wasn't impressed with Monkin's post game comments. He basically said we didn't do anything differently on defense in the 2nd half and the only reason we were able to stop them in the 2nd half was because of their penalties. Army did have some penalties that hurt them, but come on, we also made some good adjustments on defense to shut them down.

Monken's comments at halftime were a little off putting as well. He was very confident in his own team's abilities. Said he believed that Army should have been up by two or three scores and that the only reason they weren't was a lack of execution at times on their own behalf. Basically gave no credit at all to Wake in any regard.

Army coach Jeff Monken said he spoke to Ricciardi about the play.

“He apologized to me about it,” Monken said. “He’s trying to make a play at the end. There’s42 seconds to go. And he’s trying to make something happen – a penalty, stop the clock, get them 15 yards, give us a better chance. He’s trying to win the game. It wasn’t malicious in intent. But, it’s not the way we are going to play the game here. I talked to him about that. That’s not being a good sportsman.”

FYI and for what it's worth(?)

Wasn't crazy about Jeff Monkin when he was at GSU and his cousin Todd(?) coach of Southern Miss seems like a real a hole as well.

Back