• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Article about Grobe and Penn State

It really is an honor to have him as our coach. My 8 year old wants to play TE for the Deac's, so JG needs to stick around

Wow. I seriously cannot believe that the first response on a thread about Penn State involved an 8 year old tight end in a completely innocent context. Talk about irony.

Wow. I seriously cannot believe that the first response on a thread about Penn State involved an 8 year old tight end in a completely innocent context. Talk about irony.

wow. i cant believe i missed that. very, very well done sir

Can't believe cordeac once again showed his ass...guess that is what we can expect from him at this point.

Turns a thread about the character of Coach Grobe into a pissing match. Unbelievable.

Posted at 12:36am
Can't believe cordeac once again showed his ass...guess that is what we can expect from him at this point.

Turns a thread about the character of Coach Grobe into a pissing match. Unbelievable.

You just tried to turn/joked in a thread about a coach possibly defending a child predator into a discussion/joke on/about Buzz. Do you really think you have room to talk here?

Posted at 12:47am
When Carmelo Anthony handles a tough situation in the press better than you do ten-fold... you have problems.

Boeheim is an egotistical jackass and it caught up to him on this one.

Posted at 12:50am
Dare I say Jeff [Redacted] would have handled it better??????

Posted at 1:04am
lol it was a joke.

Stop being a hypocrite, my friend. I'll call you or anyone out on that all day long. And please, if I'm a hypocrite, please call me out on that so I can check myself. Cheers.

GTF over yourself. One was clearly a joke, and if you can't tell that it was then I pity you my friend.

Alumni of Notre Dame recently returned to South Bend and on their arrival they gushed over the stadium and atmosphere at Wake Forest.

Do I need to repeat that?

Now then, you think Grobe and Wellman's vision of the "Wrigley Field of College Football" has worked out?

All we are missing is more hard driving fans to amp up the sound.;)

So Coredeac dislikes [Redacted], Wellman, and Grobe? Man, talk about a self-loathing Deac fan. At that point I think I start following a different school.

To be honest, makes me wonder why we're paying him $3 million / year for a 6-6 record.

Most schools wouldn't tolerate it.

In fairness you need to balance Grobe's salary with the upgrade for performance which includes an ACC Championship. It would be interesting to compare new revenue created by not only donations by alumni and non-alumni like myself in addition to coporate dollars such as BB&T vs. revenue during the Caldwell era or before.

As stated previously by me, future coaches like Frank Solich have benefited from the facility upgrades as a result Jim Grobe's tenure, just as future Wake Coaches will benefit from the upgrades.

Trade Proposal: We will take Lobo and we will give you our OC Tim Albin. Both coaches drive their fans nuts and are experts of playing to lose, but at least the alumni/fans of both schools could have someone new to yell at.

Grobe's salary was necessary to get the boost in other revenue.

Bobcat, my sympathies about last night.

Grobe's salary was necessary to get the boost in other revenue.

Bobcat, my sympathies about last night.

Thanks, that was a tough one. Was just going throught the media guide and the games I have traveled to from Richmond since 1993. The Bobcats record in those games is 6-12 with all of the wins during the Grobe years.

Ohio University and Wake are very difficult schools to create winning programs at, but I would not trade the ups and downs of following either program to jump on the hometown bandwagon of an Ohio State where I grew up or any other school who will look the other way at things that should not be going on.

My wife is a UVA grad and it is nice to see a coach in Mike London that I respect. Like Grobe, London may not be the best game day coach, but they are very refreshing as they know their primary mission is to develop the men who play for them on and off the field. I have personally met each of them (Grobe numerous times) and they are both very engaging.

I have enjoyed posting on and off the past 11 years with you guys and look forward to UVA and Wake getting back on the schedule with the conference rotation.

I can assure you Grobe's salary encompasses far more than just WINNING football games. and if you are a Wake alum you should be proud of that. Winning is a by product of everything else that is expected of him. and he's done more of that that anyone else at Wake has ever done.

QFT

Grobe's salary is a few hundred thousand above the mean of ACC coaches. For that he is over .500 at Wake Forest for a decade, which is a program that usually has 2 or 3 over .500 years per decade.

Over the last 6 years, he is over .500 in the ACC.

We have more than gotten our money's worth.

Last edited:
Back