• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Article in Forbes on Wake Forest's elderly crowd at basketball games

Also, it would help if the people attending the games weren't just shitty fans.

There is a season ticket holder behind me who has worn the opposing team's shirt every single game. I'm not sure what the deal is, but i think it's the brother or dad of one of the Wake Young Alumni ticket holders.

We continue to get told to sit down when we are standing, and this is in the damn Young Alumni section.

I've missed this guy entirely. I assume you're in 123?

I have wondered about this myself. With the admissions office seeking to increase diversity, does that reduce the number of students from North Carolina? With the trend appearing to be Wake gets richer kids who can afford the 65k per year, a ton of great high school kids from NC are all ending up at UNC. Make no mistake about it, the top high school kids in NC go to UNC . These are the top kids in NC high schools. Kids who would be great WFU fans and alumni but for the price tag. I honestly don't know who will be sitting in our stands 20 years from now.

Spot on. This is another example of our headlong plundge into a deadend.

Didn't read the whole thread but this is a terrible article. When the team was relevant, a large portion of the stadium was filled with raucous students in tie-dyes. Then Bz happened. And Manning hasn't been able to dig us out. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or a Forbes a writer) to figure out that a team that is 1-11 in conference is going to struggle to draw students.

I live a couple blocks from the crappy little gym where the No. 1-ranked team in the country plays half its games. Been to a couple games there the past couple years. That place literally does not even belong in the same conversations with the Joel when the Deacs are relevant.

No. That move was made to sell better seats to season ticket holders. How would moving students further from the action help home court advantage? People believed that because Skip was a good salesman.

Dude. This is like finding out there's no Santa. I was a freshman when Skip arrived, still remember the day when a couple sorority girls rounded up everyone in Babcock and had us come out to the volleyball court where Skip introduced himself and gave his whole spiel, which included moving the students behind the basket where the visitors shot in the second half. I bought it hook, line and sinker. Skip was the man.

What are you going to tell us next, that he only bought us all pizzas so he could get credit card points?

Next you all will try telling me that Naz-T Deac was never real.

Back