• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ask the Pit: Anybody in TSA's Trusted Traveler Program?

denverpacker

Reaction score
I know that I have been accepted into the program and that it has been test marketed by TSA in some major cities, but I have not been able to originate in any of these cities to check it out. From what I understand, we can leave our laptops and liquids in our bags, keep our shoes on, and have a seperate line through security. According to TSA, it is supposed to roll out nationally, shortly?

Just curious to see how much of this is fact and if it actually works?

(I do know that the international Global Entry is beyond outstanding. Wait time back into the US has gone from a half hour-45 minutes to 90 seconds. Stunned at the efficiency of this!)

Denver

Last edited:
Was just in Denver this weekend. Saw the Clear line and was thinking the same thing. Looked like a sweet deal but only saw 2 people go through it.

Was just in Denver this weekend. Saw the Clear line and was thinking the same thing. Looked like a sweet deal but only saw 2 people go through it.

PH, Clear, from what I gather, is totally different. I am still a Clear member from the last go 'round, but will not re-up if this TSA deal is legit.

I've got Global Entry. It is awesome when it works, but you also get randomly screened at the airport so it doesn't work every single time. But you don't know until you scan through security, so the line is always way shorter. I would recommend it if you fly a lot, it is still only $100 for five years. It really really speeds up travel between Canada and Mexico.

I've got Global Entry. It is awesome when it works, but you also get randomly screened at the airport so it doesn't work every single time. But you don't know until you scan through security, so the line is always way shorter. I would recommend it if you fly a lot, it is still only $100 for five years. It really really speeds up travel between Canada and Mexico.

Homeboy, I have come through 10-15 times and have not been marked. Perhaps you need to re-visit your dealings? ;)

ha, I know. My boss has had the same issues and when we complain to TSA they blame the airline and the airline blames TSA. I have only really been screened on AA flights so maybe somethings up with their process.

Back