• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ask the pit divorce advice for a man

The good news is that in metro Atlanta the judges want to keep divorces out of the courts unless there is a child welfare issue. Nobody really GAF about infidelity etc, as opposed to NC where they still have all the arcane adultery torts that treat women like chattel.

The bad news is that with two kids it will be tough for the husband to get primary custody (if that's what he wants), so child support payments for the next decade or so...

Yes he would like to keep the kids. Part of the issue is he was part of a layoff that impacted me a few years ago and still isn't anywhere close to what he was making before. I'm learned that he def has had an affair and she likely did.

And for those that were kind enough to ask. Yes my wife does read and post on the boards every so often.

Yes he would like to keep the kids. Part of the issue is he was part of a layoff that impacted me a few years ago and still isn't anywhere close to what he was making before. I'm learned that he def has had an affair and she likely did.

And for those that were kind enough to ask. Yes my wife does read and post on the boards every so often.

Cobb is predictably more jesusjuicy than Fulton/Dekalb, but really the infidelity doesn't matter unless it is coupled with actions that are impacting the welfare of the kids (i.e. having molly raves in basement with mistress while kids asleep upstairs), except that it usually does negate alimony in GA.

While metro ATL family courts are somewhat liberal compared to other southern states, there is probably still a presumption that the mom will get primary custody unless she is a total shitshow.

PM me if you need some divorce atty contacts that won't break the bank.

Back