• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Assessing Jeff [Redacted]

wake20

Reaction score
http://www.scribd.com/doc/212620777/Assessing-Jeff-[Redacted]

I don't know what to make of this.

Looks like something Bz would review with the team instead of working on rebounding and foul shooting.

The conclusion wasn't a conclusion of the analysis. It was a hedging and read of the fan base.

Note: I only read the intro and conclusion.

Buzz can't communicate. Therefore, he can't teach or motivate. You can't coach without teaching and motivating. His record simply confirms this.

What else is new??? The author failed to mention that Bz is not a leader, nor does he have a resume with any history of success. The man is unable to motivate his team and has treated the fan base with disdain...If Wake was a public institution, Bz's and Wellman's ass would have been sent packing several years ago!

The paper brought up OOC-SOS, but it failed to give any historic perspective, rendering what it calls 'the most important statistic' and the 'ultimate measure of success' a skewed data point in the context of paper... He compares records, but fails to acknowledge that, in comparison to Prosser/Gaudio, [Redacted] has been given ~6 more games per year (24 games total) that would historically be considered 'guaranteed wins'. The numbers would look a lot more bleak if this weren't the case.

I'd rip on it a bit more, but I see the guy's Twitter handle is @OodlesofYoodles.... That makes him A-OK, in my book.

The author of this diatribe is attempting to make a "silk purse out of a sow's ear" and it ain't happening...

"A sign of a healthy college basketball program is the ability to recruit and retain high quality players. For [Redacted], it seems that he inherited an unhealthy program that was on the verge of major upheaval."

I stopped reading at this point.

I didn't stop reading but did read the rest with great skepticism after that line. My biggest issue with the paper is that it does not really present a clear conclusion for the analysis. The facts are laid out there but then the paper basically just ends after a brief mention of Clawson and a few of the returning players.

I feel sorry for these kids in the Wake Forest Analytics club. There's no statistics department at Wake and the stats professors in the math department are terrible. Looks like their faculty advisor is some visiting professor in the Econ department. They're kind of on their own and it really shows.

Odom led the Deacs to winning seasons in all but his first year. Having set a culture of success, Dave Odom left Wake Forest for the University of South Carolina after the 2000-2001 season.

I'm fairly sure this is the type of culture you want.

Conclusion: [Redacted] may suck slightly less then he appears to suck if you play around with the math.

I'm so tired of the [Redacted] exercised the demon of Gaudio from the program narrative as if he sacrificed the last four years on the purge and now gets to kickass.

Gaudio won (admittedly sometimes by accident coaching wise). Skip trusted Dino as his best friend. Battle stuck with him. ESPN didn't hire him because he's the devil incarnate. He put players in the NBA. The Joel was full. He coached our last NCAA tournament game FOUR years ago. I used to care about basketball.

I feel sorry for these kids in the Wake Forest Analytics club. There's no statistics department at Wake and the stats professors in the math department are terrible. Looks like their faculty advisor is some visiting professor in the Econ department. They're kind of on their own and it really shows.

I feel sorry for anyone in an analytics club.

Conclusion: [Redacted] may suck slightly less then he appears to suck if you play around with the math.

I'm so tired of the [Redacted] exercised the demon of Gaudio from the program narrative as if he sacrificed the last four years on the purge and now gets to kickass.

Gaudio won (admittedly sometimes by accident coaching wise). Skip trusted Dino as his best friend. Battle stuck with him. ESPN didn't hire him because he's the devil incarnate. He put players in the NBA. The Joel was full. He coached our last NCAA tournament game FOUR years ago. I used to care about basketball.

This such a good post. Bz only looks slightly better when you compare him against himself. Any true outside comparison is laughable. Dino was a decent coach in a tough spot. We jumped the gun and fired a year too early. We compounded that by firing Bz a year late.

We better bring the noise in this hire.

His parents are paying 40k a year for those writing skills. not a great ROI

Back