• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At Home Espresso Machine

defs thinking manual or semi-manual. i did some initial googling that led me to the below:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004S9G8/

i think it's looking like it'll be $400-600 to get something that's worth it. maybe it'll be a xmas present from my wife. the issue with that is i have to tell her how much it costs unlike if i just buy it myself.

Yeah the 2nd one in the link has a grinder with a pretty wide ground fineness setting. That one pictured is a newer one than mine, looks like it holds more beans. At $600 (and you can prolly find a williams sonoma 10%-20% coupon code or something this time a year, thats not a bad deal.

PC100108.JPG

Smokin' HAWT

Looking back, that first invite from Cosby to his home seems like part of a perfectly laid out plan, a way to make me feel secure with him at all times. It worked like a charm. Cosby suggested I come back to his house a few days later to read for the part. I agreed, and one late afternoon the following week I returned. His staff served a light dinner and Bill and I talked more about my plans for the future.

After the meal, we walked upstairs to a huge living area of his home that featured a massive bar. A huge brass espresso contraption took up half the counter. At the time, it seemed rare for someone to have such a machine in his home for personal use.

Go Gaggia or go home. Great espresso/capp makers. You'll be completely happy with one of the less expensive models.

Gaggia’s roots are deeply intertwined with the history of Italian espresso. After all, it was founder Achille Gaggia’s 1938 patent for a steam-free espresso machine that ushered in the modern age of espresso. For his invention, the Gaggia patriarch earned an honorary title as the “Father of the Modern Espresso Machine.” In the decades since the groundbreaking patent was filed, Gaggia s.p.a. has been at the forefront of the Italian espresso scene, continuing to revolutionize the industry while remaining true to its heritage.

Note: You can find them cheaper on Amazon or something similar.

http://www.gaggia-usa.com/machines/choose-a-gaggia/nav/12

Back