• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AT&T Phone questions

warak

Reaction score
hey everyone, i have a question about AT&T compatible phones. i have heard that you can block internet usage on any non-smart phone but smart phones can over-ride this blockage, thus running up your bill (with no data plan). what is a good type of non-smart phone? am i talking old-school flip phones? i know so little on the subject and AT&T was playing games on the phone (trying to extent my plan 2 years).

any help is appreciated.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking but I just upgraded to an iphone from the Pantech Link. I think I technically COULD go on the internet from that phone because I downloaded a ringtone once but as far as I know it was just kind of a "charge as you go" situation and I didn't actually have the internet or a data plan. I might have even been able to go a step further and disable it but I never checked on that. I really loved the Pantech Link - HTTD has it as well and seems to like it too.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking but I just upgraded to an iphone from the Pantech Link. I think I technically COULD go on the internet from that phone because I downloaded a ringtone once but as far as I know it was just kind of a "charge as you go" situation and I didn't actually have the internet or a data plan. I might have even been able to go a step further and disable it but I never checked on that. I really loved the Pantech Link - HTTD has it as well and seems to like it too.

from what i was told, you can disable the internet on the smartphones (as the name on the account) but they can still access the internet, over-riding the AT&T block. therefore you could spend a ton of money if you didn't have a data plan. i don't want them to have internet...not at all!

What would be the point of getting a smartphone if you're not using the Internet, anyway? I think I got the Link 3 years ago and there were plenty of good options for non-smart phones at the time. It is a little harder to find non touchscreen phones if that matters to you but I'd definitely recommend the Link. Anything in particular that you are interested in other than no internet?

not really, looking for a decent phone...all the other normal stuff (texting, etc.)

Back