• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athlon 2013 ACC prdictions

Wait, State only plays four road games and they're against Wake,BC,Duke, and FSU? Come on State.

As a side note I don't think State or Maryland will be good at all.

Just looking at the Athlon breakdown of our division, I don't think anybody but Clemson & FSU is expected to be good. Looking at how they predict the games gives me that indication as 4-4 & 3-5 is the norm. We all have to play 8 games and we have to play 6 on our own side. So it is wide open. They expect Clemson to go 8-0 & FSU to go 7-1. Just as I would expect if I was picking it. That means if one of the others is to jump up it would not be any better than say 5-3. Luckily we always have Duke from the other side & not always a VT or GT.

Wait, State only plays four road games and they're against Wake,BC,Duke, and FSU? Come on State.

As a side note I don't think State or Maryland will be good at all.

Yea it's pretty crap schedule, especially when you throw in that our OOC is Louisiana Tech, Richmond, Central Michigan, and ECU. We can't do much about our 3 of our 4 ACC road games being Duke, BC, and Wake but the 4 OOC games are embarrassing. I think the brass thought we would be down this year as well. Biggest question mark is the QB position but i'm cautiously optimistic with the new coaching regime. Can't complain about a guy who has won the conference title the two years he's been a HC, and went to the OB one of those years.

We were terrible last year. The defense will be a bit better this year, but there is no reason to think that the offense under Lobo will improve any. They haven't done much since the Orange Bowl. The veteran line stunk last year. The year before that the excuse was the OL was young. So why would any rational person think it will be good this year. The play calling is terrible and there has been no change at OC, so I don't see us winning more than 5 games and no bowl AGAIN

The offense didn't really do anything the OB year either.

The only year under Lobo where we've had an above-par offense was Riley's senior year. But unfortunately, Tanner is no Riley

I think it's difficult to win 5 games and truly be terrible, but yeah last year was disappointing.

The offense didn't really do anything the OB year either.

The only year under Lobo where we've had an above-par offense was Riley's senior year. But unfortunately, Tanner is no Riley

I remember seeing someone post on TOB after the Duke game Tanner's freshman year, " Tanner is already better than Riley".......:bowrofl:

We were terrible last year. The defense will be a bit better this year, but there is no reason to think that the offense under Lobo will improve any. They haven't done much since the Orange Bowl. The veteran line stunk last year. The year before that the excuse was the OL was young. So why would any rational person think it will be good this year. The play calling is terrible and there has been no change at OC, so I don't see us winning more than 5 games and no bowl AGAIN

Bud, our Orange Bowl team offense was under Lobo.

And our OB team offense was bad. 78th in scoring offense, 96th in total offense. We only had two games in which the offense scored more than 28 points, Liberty and Maryland.

I think it's difficult to win 5 games and truly be terrible, but yeah last year was disappointing.

Well our division is terrible + Home games against Presby, ULM, and Duke and at Army + Grobe's wizard-like ability to coach teams toward mediocrity = A good chance of a terrible team winning 5 games.

Back