• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta is a City in Decline

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Particularly the Georgia Dome

Wake Forest Basketball was 0-2 at the Georgia Dome: 2001 ACC Tournament, lost 71-53 to Maryland. Game was over at halftime. Our next game was in the NCAA tournament against Butler.

2009 ACC Tournament, Wake was the #2 seed with a bye, ranked #8. Lost to Maryland 75-64. Our next game was in the NCAA tournament against Cleveland State.

Couldn't even get it to implode right. Isn't that one section in the 2nd video supposed to be flat also?

2009 ACC Tournament, Wake was the #2 seed with a bye, ranked #8. Lost to Maryland 75-64. Our next game was in the NCAA tournament against Cleveland State.

Ugh. That was my senior year, and I was in attendance for both shitshows.

I believe the same evening of the UMCP loss, we got this treat, though.

I attended one Super Bowl, one Final Four, one ACC tournament, three Peach Bowls, two SEC Championship Games, and several Falcons games there.

Curse that building. Saw Julio drop 300 on the Panthers, 14-0 perfect season die, and watched Jamaica knock US out of the Gold Cup in my 3 visits to the dome. Also the most in danger I've ever felt at a sporting event during the Mexico vs. Panama match, which says a lot after attending matches on 4 different continents.

Kenny Chesney/ZBB there was a top 3 concert though

Yep. Couldn't have been that great.

Meanwhile Raymond James is slated to host the Super Bowl at age 22.

Last edited:
Atlanta is in such a decline they are projecting to add the population equivalent of Charlotte in years to come.

Atlanta is in such a decline they are projecting to add the population equivalent of Charlotte in years to come.

Hoping Atlanta does not get the new Amazon HQ. That would only add to the traffic problems.

That's hilarious ......and sad.

Typical MARTA

Back