• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlantis - Bahamas

stayed at the villas a few years ago.. super nice and the restaurants and everything the resort has to offer is fantastic

Nice wahoo vt. My family and I did the exact same thing with the Comfort Suites but that was a long time ago, back when there wasn't a waterslide at Atlantis. I'll actually be in Nassau this April on a cruise as my fiancee planned a random trip to de-stress before the wedding. She wants to swim with the dolphins but I'd rather gamble and have fun at Atlantis.

Nice pics. Did you do a 4-hour or 8-hour trip?

If memory serves, we did something close to 8 hours...

Digging up those pictures jogged my memory of that adventure a bit... We took a town-car/limo from the airport to Atlantis; the driver appeared to be fairly well connected so we just let him set up the fishing excursion & everything for us.

When he picked us up for the fishing trip at about 5 a.m., we had the pleasure of sharing the ride into Nassau with some authentic Bohemian hookers (who had clearly been working hard the night before). For the inconvenience, he was insistent that our tag-a-longs join us for the fishing trip (somehow we still managed to decline).

Strippers aside, I'd still recommend the early-morning voyage. I stumbled onto this picture that I took while we were getting onto the fishing boat:

3UKklKc.jpg

Thank you sir!

"When's he coming down"
"March"
"Oh Yikes, its literally the busiest time of the year, let me ask around what 1/2 day of fishing runs"

I think he may be of more help if you are looking to get bottle service.

"When's he coming down"
"March"
"Oh Yikes, its literally the busiest time of the year, let me ask around what 1/2 day of fishing runs"

I think he may be of more help if you are looking to get bottle service.

Yep it's Spring Break and it's going to be a shit show and not in a good way. That said I can't wait to get down there and have fun w the kids. We'll walk down to the marina and see what's coming in the first day we're there.

We did just that & it was fantastic. Work paid for it, so I'm not trying to sound big baller.

If you are really excited about that part of the trip & you've got the family with you... I would certainly recommend doing it that way if you can swing the dough.

The group excursion type deals are not nearly the experience. Everyone I've been on has decent bait for the first fraction of the trip & then you're stuck using what you've caught (and they've gutted) the rest of the time. Plus, with the kids around... having the extra attention of the crew would be valuable, I assume.

For whatever its worth, this is the boat we took out back in '08 (so nothing too extravagant, but the crew was fantastic):

zsCRMQm.jpg

My friend (bonus points for anybody that recognizes him) reeled this in & we took it straight to one of the restaurants on the ocean in Nassau where they served it to us... It was a really cool experience and something I hope I can afford to do again someday.

GjRDcn9.jpg

You're friends with Johnny Football?

Since we are talking about the Caribbean in general here, let me hijack for a second. A friend (non Wake) was asking for honeymoon advice on facebook and said he and his fiance were looking to go to San Juan, Puerto Rico in mid November. I said that while I have been to Puerto Rico many times I wouldn't really recommend going there in mid-November (hurricane season) and that San Juan reminds me of downtown Los Angeles. This other lady pipes up to tell me that hurricane season nothing to worry about and that "old San Juan is nothing like downtown Los Angeles, its like Paris". Umm, ok, well, I said SAN JUAN was generally like downtown LA, you are talking about a small area inside the city. So what say you posters of the Pit, do you find old San Juan to be like Paris? Because I sure don't.

Since we are talking about the Caribbean in general here, let me hijack for a second. A friend (non Wake) was asking for honeymoon advice on facebook and said he and his fiance were looking to go to San Juan, Puerto Rico in mid November. I said that while I have been to Puerto Rico many times I wouldn't really recommend going there in mid-November (hurricane season) and that San Juan reminds me of downtown Los Angeles. This other lady pipes up to tell me that hurricane season nothing to worry about and that "old San Juan is nothing like downtown Los Angeles, its like Paris". Umm, ok, well, I said SAN JUAN was generally like downtown LA, you are talking about a small area inside the city. So what say you posters of the Pit, do you find old San Juan to be like Paris? Because I sure don't.

Sounds like a lady that hasn't been taken to Paris in a while.

Back