• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Cape Town, South Africa

doubledeac

Reaction score
I am headed there in Februrary for 1 month and need suggestions on things people have done and either enjoyed/hated. I'll be working so I want to make the most of my free time.

I may try and make it up to Kruger and/or Pilanesburg Game Park at some point. What else?

Bring a whiplash collar, the women there are amazing.

I'm talking about guys needing the collar to avoid injuring themselves. Charlieze Theron is maybe an 8 there.

Whoa, I'm overwhelmed and have no idea where to start. I lived in Cape Town for a few months and loved it.

Take some sort of township tour. There are a bunch of them through tour companies that focus on different things (food, music, business).

On the weekend you can do a day trip down to Cape Point and drive along the coast, which is beautiful, and there are random spots along the way or way back that can be fun for a brief trip. (Seeing the penguins at Boulders, the beach houses at Muizenberg.)

There's a lot hiking. Table Mountain. Lions Head. You can do a weekend trip along the Garden Route.

There are a ton of wineries if you'd like to take a wine tour.

Hm, I've probably missed a lot of good ideas, so I'll be back.

Definitely agree on the Garden Route advice. If you are into wineries and just beautiful scenery in general, Stellenbosch is awesome. Also, Robben Island (where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned) is really cool. Finally, try to make it down to the Cape of Good Hope before you leave. Beautiful scenery.

Whoa, I'm overwhelmed and have no idea where to start. I lived in Cape Town for a few months and loved it.

Take some sort of township tour. There are a bunch of them through tour companies that focus on different things (food, music, business).

On the weekend you can do a day trip down to Cape Point and drive along the coast, which is beautiful, and there are random spots along the way or way back that can be fun for a brief trip. (Seeing the penguins at Boulders, the beach houses at Muizenberg.)

There's a lot hiking. Table Mountain. Lions Head. You can do a weekend trip along the Garden Route.

There are a ton of wineries if you'd like to take a wine tour.

Hm, I've probably missed a lot of good ideas, so I'll be back.

/thread

Back