• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Choosing a Home

giphy.gif

Haha yess. I have wanted to rep you for so many things lately but keep getting that I gotta spread rep!

We just had a offer accepted on a house in Raleigh. The inspection is tomorrow. We are going with the inspection service suggested by the realtor. I hope that is not a mistake. Trying to get the interest rate locked in, although the bank has already raised it in anticipation of the Fed raising rates. We have been looking for 2 and a half months. Many homes here have gone over asking or under contract in one day on the market. It has been crazy.

I would not use the inspector suggested by the realtor. Realtors suggest inspectors who don't screw up deals. That inspector wants more business from the realtor. At a minimum, go to the inspection and ask detailed questions about everything that concerns you.

I would not use the inspector suggested by the realtor. Realtors suggest inspectors who don't screw up deals. That inspector wants more business from the realtor. At a minimum, go to the inspection and ask detailed questions about everything that concerns you.

This. Lesson learned the hard way. Especially if you're buying an older home.

We just had a offer accepted on a house in Raleigh. The inspection is tomorrow. We are going with the inspection service suggested by the realtor. I hope that is not a mistake. Trying to get the interest rate locked in, although the bank has already raised it in anticipation of the Fed raising rates. We have been looking for 2 and a half months. Many homes here have gone over asking or under contract in one day on the market. It has been crazy.

Mortgage rates should be related to 30-yr treasuries (which went down this week), not short-term Fed rates.

Well, how did the inspection go? Any red (or even yellow) flags? Did the inspection include a termite check?

Back