• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Home Security

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Our house has a CPI system that we are thinking of activating. Some people seem to have had very bad experience with them and other national brands. Any comments (good, bad or indifferent)? Any local folks in the triad that come recommended?

I have TWC new security system, which I like fine. Not a two year contract, maybe just a year, and then month-to-month after that. You do, however, have to have at least one other TWC service.

Our house has a CPI system that we are thinking of activating. Some people seem to have had very bad experience with them and other national brands. Any comments (good, bad or indifferent)? Any local folks in the triad that come recommended?

Bad experience with them. Our doors get out of sync a lot, and do not work. It loses connection to their system often.

I had ADP in my old house and that was a little more expensive but always worked. They might be able to cut you a deal if you tell them your situation.

My understanding is that in most instances, the brand on the system doesn't limit you to that company as a service provider.

We have a CPI system here in Charlotte. It seems to work fine, although we have to remember to always set it to "stay" and not "away." We learned this lesson after we got a call from the monitoring service that the alarm was going off after the cats set it off by running up and down the hallway.

I like Advanced Consumer Electronics out of Advance. They have been great to work with. We had an issue with the alarm randomly going off (come to find out it was due to dusting) and they sent a repairman out as soon as I called. Used them for over 5 years and will continue wherever we live next.

http://www.advancedconsumerelectronics.com/

Back