• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: How can I transfer gmail chats to a new email?

stonz

Reaction score
Hey, pit, I've got a problem I'm sure someone here can solve.

My wake-student gmail address is set to expire soon, so I'm in the process of setting up my new gmail account.

I was able to successfully transfer all sent and received mail, going through settings and "forwarding and pop/imap", but for whatever reason, that did not import my chat history.

I thought I had discovered a way around this; I selected all of my old gmail chat conversations, and moved them all into my old gmail inbox, but for some reason, the forwarding thing I set up is not picking them up.

so, tldr: How can I transfer my chat history from one gmail account to another?

Before you ask:
-yes, I tried googling. Didn't find much, and the few ideas I did find seemed complicated / over my head.
-yes, I care about saving my chat history. I've got a lot of chats I'd really like to save

Pos rep to anyone that can help.

f7lUL5V.gif

This might be obvious but make sure you save your google docs. All of my google docs were shared with other email addresses so I didn't think about it but when my wake email address terminated so did any google doc I had created with it.

Store it all in the cloud.

Here's how tech-unsavvy I am: I don't even know if this is a joke answer or not.

can't you just look up the chat(s) and forward them?

Yea, but we're talking thousands of chats here, and its not like I have a list of all the ones I want to save. There's gotta be a better way than me scrolling thru my chat history and manually forwarding each one worth keeping, right?

Back