• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: iPhone Apps

wolfdeac

Reaction score
I know we had a ton of these on the Quad, and a couple apps have been suggested on the various smartphone question threads here but I figured I'd create a more consolidated list of what people consider awesome apps.

I'm looking specifically for a good camera application (3Gs), and some cool games. So far everything I've downloaded is free, and ideally free apps are the way to go but I'm interested to hear about any paid apps people consider necessary. As for games I've got the 3 free versions of angry birds (original, seasons and rio), eliminate pro (online FPS, cool but I'm not sold yet), Jet Fighter(old school Corsair-like game), Physics Box, and Zenonia Lite (Zelda-ish, I downloaded the free version but I'm not sure what the difference between paid and free is yet, just started). Open to more suggestions there.

Also picked up Crackle, free streaming movies and TV shows (watched part of Joe Dirt earlier. awesome.), WatchESPN, FindiPhone, Red Laser (barcode scanning price comparison tool), Shazam (listens to a song and will tell you the artist, album info, tour dates, etc), LocalConcerts (looks at your itunes directory and advises when your favorite bands are touring locally), and Yelp! although I'm not really sold on the last one if I don't travel much.

Last question, I just grabbed TouchBB for forum browsing, it seems to work fine. I hear everyone talking about tapatalk though and see its a paid app - what are the benefits/why is it good enough for me to pay instead of use the free one?

Really? 40 views and nobody has input on apps? :foreveralone:

I have Tapatalk, and I really like the interface. I can look at threads that are currently getting posts and filter out only posts that I've participate in.

I use Kayak for traveling (I use it a lot when I travel for work). I use SoundHound over Shazam, mainly because it has unlimited tagging for free.

Pandora is a must have, and I use the Netflix app a lot. I just downloaded crackle, but I haven't used it yet.

I use the Facebook and Twitter apps, although the FB one is buggy as hell and just annoys me to no end. Pretty disappointing there.

Pulse is a good RSS reader I use. Skype for video calling (nobody on earth uses FaceTime, I'm convinced). I have the Nook app since it seems to have more books and than iBooks.

Pageonce for bank accounts and utilities bills. Poynt is great for finding businesses.

Also love DropBox. Nice to be able to have my important files anywhere I go.

Back