• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: London

MysteryMen

Scott "Rufio" Feather
Reaction score
I'm going to be heading to London for a weekend next month. Share your wisdom about inexpensive hotel/hostel or areas to stay in recommendations and things I should do.

I'm planning on going to a Premier League game, either Chelsea-West Brom or Arsenal-Man United. I've done a lot of the typical tourist things before like the Tower of London, Tate Modern, etc. so looking for some cool things to do maybe a little bit out of the mainstream.

Thanks!

Last edited:
We've talked about going to London for the kids' spring break, which just happens to coincide with the Arsenal-Liverpool match.

If you are looking for a day trip, Cambridge is a 40 minute train ride from Kings Cross. Went to school there for a sec, pretty cool little town. Walk around campus, punt the cam river, have a pint. Be back in time for happy hour. Oh and dont walk on the grass, they get super sensitive about their grass.

Have you been to the Cabinet War Rooms?

The only times I've been to London I stayed in youth hostels and each experience scarred me for life. The last one had recently hosted a group of Somalian refugees and it's probably not a coincidence that I left there with a nasty infection.

Splurge and stay in a hotel. Seriously. I mean, Ebola and all.

I loved loved loved the Imperial War Museum....spent practically the entire day in there. Exactly what I was going to recommend if you haven't been already.

And I don't care how many times you've been, I don't think Westminster Abbey will ever get old. Climbing to the top of St Paul's too, which was the centerpiece of one of the best photos I've ever taken

10391643_826774994178_509761_n.jpg

We did a half-day bus trip to Stonehenge. We left in the morning and were back by lunch, with about 90 minutes to walk around. It was somewhere around 30 euros a couple of years ago. I think it was through this company.

For total kitsch, we enjoyed a Jack the Ripper walking tour.

The War Rooms were a nice tour as well.

Last edited:
Maybe look at QPR, Tottenham, or even Fulham for a cheaper game.

Not true - Crystal Palace is hosting Liverpool that weekend (on Sunday), and frankly ... that's by far your best choice. Selhurst Park is awesomely janky and small, and it should be an entertaining match on top of it.

And if you can't do a Sunday match, then God forbid me for saying this ... but you should go to Chelsea instead of the Emirates. The Emirates is just absolutely soulless, and not a great place to see your first Premier League match unless you're a die hard Arsenal fan. Chelsea fans might be racist, anti-Semitic pieces of filth ... but Stamford Bridge is a real football stadium and a far better atmosphere.

If you haven't sniffed around Harrod's yet, thats a great way to lose 3 hours.

And if you can't do a Sunday match, then God forbid me for saying this ... but you should go to Chelsea instead of the Emirates. The Emirates is just absolutely soulless, and not a great place to see your first Premier League match unless you're a die hard Arsenal fan. Chelsea fans might be racist, anti-Semitic pieces of filth ... but Stamford Bridge is a real football stadium and a far better atmosphere.

The sad penis who wrote this is a Tottenham fan.

The sad penis who wrote this is a Tottenham fan.

They can't get a new stadium built and can't fill the current one...

Forgot the Imperial War Museum. Definitely worth it. Crystal Palace is a great venue. Tickets I found online were 225 pounds for Arsenal, 150 pounds for Palace, and 85 pounds for Chelsea. That was with minimal effort, I'm sure you can find them cheaper.

Yeah Palace actually would have been top of my list but unfortunately I have a Sunday flight. Im probably going to try to do the Chelsea game

Back