• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Moviemaking Software for Mac OS?

PhilliesDeacs

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggested alternative to iMovie for a movie/video creation software app for Mac OS? Looking for something free or inexpensive that is also simple to navigate.

Suggestions?

I don't think there are any creative programs on Mac.

What are your issues with iMovie? I do a fair amount of videos, and used Final Cut Pro for a while. Over time, I've found that almost everything I want to do can be done in iMovie. About the only other app I use regularly is PSP for custom titles and graphics.

Below is what a buddy told me.

As for
the movie software Final Cut Pro is the cheapest that I know of and it costs $300
and everything goes up from there. I'd try the iMovie or see if a friend already had
the Final Cut Pro and wanted to share. Stuff isn't cheap.

I've dicked around with iMovie and its... ok. I guess for my purposes it'll do, since I'm just doing some amateur stuff and it seems like everything else is overpriced. Shocking, I know, considering it's for an Apple product.

Back