• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: New blu-ray player

HeltonCreek

Well dang!
Reaction score
Pit,

I would like to purchase a new blu-ray player and have no idea where to start and the Pit is always good for recommendations. I currently have a 3 year old 37 inch Samsung LCD and a Sony DVD player with up convert. I don't want to break the bank on one but want something decent. I'm not sure if this is universal but I want something that I can stream Netflix on. Thanks in advance.

Any interest in upgrading the TV?

Not right now. TV still has a great picture and I just bought my house so trying to keep some expenses down. 37 inch is pretty good for my living room but might upgrade in another year or so.

I have last year's Panasonic BDT-210. It was very highly rated and when it works, it's great. However, it seems to have trouble with some DVDs and some 3D discs that my PS3 doesn't have trouble with. I'm not sure I'd buy another one.

If money is no object, get the Oppo.

Sony makes a solid blu ray that has no connection issues. Get the one with wi-if built in so you can stream movies through amazon, Netflix or the like. Should its you $100ish at a SAMs of Costco.

I would stay away from Samsung - their interface and updates and App Store are much better, but they are terrible with wi-fi connections.

Back