• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Parent of a model advice

awaken

Reaction score
I have been approached by a representative of Mazza modeling agency re my daughter. They are relatively new, and they want to be her "mother" agency. As such, they want to promote her to other agencies in addition to arranging other work for her.

Anyone have any advice for a parent? I'm totally new to this and suffering from analysis paralysis. I'm afraid of making a mistake, but don't want to miss out on a good opportunity for her.

Have you visited their office yet? If so, sign her up immediately if they let you sit behind the desk.

casting%20couch1.jpg

This is EXTREMELY common. My now 14 year old daughter and about half her friends have had this happen at some point. It's a complete waste of time and it's only to get you in and then pay some fees and pay to have pics taken etc. They try to sign up any girls/families that they can. Heck, we were even approached about my son. They prey on parents because of the rush it gives parents to think of their kid as a model. Sorry, but its about a 99% chance that it's essentially a scam for lack of a better term.

Kind of an important question here:

Does your daughter want to model?

My oldest daughter models. She is signed with Directions USA. No upfront fees, just the cost of yearly head shots. They take a flat percentage of the jobs she books through them.

huh? I'm just trying to help the fella out I know what people should models and what people shouldn't model. of all types.

There are no fees for head shots, posting on their website, etc. The only discussion about money has been their commission - 25% for work they book, 20% for work they farm out (10% for them, 10% for other agency).

Assuming it's totally legit, is this really how you want to spend your time and your daughter's time ?

Back