• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Personal Articles Policy

MHBDemon

Reaction score
How many people have this type of policy on valuables that wouldn't be covered in a homeowner's/renter's policy? Are they smart to have? On one hand it seems so cheap that it makes sense. But how long is it needed? Should I really be spending 10-20 bucks a month for the rest of my life? Is there a point where it no longer makes financial sense?

Thanks.

I have coverage for our wedding rings and her engagement ring. 1% premium a year seems like a good value for full replacement if lost or stolen.

We have this coverage for wife's jewelry, my watches, our wedding rings and our bikes. The insurance will replace anything for any reason, so I think it's worth it.

Anything single items that are over 12-15K you should probably have a separate policy for. Its not that expensive, and it will save haggling with those people should something happen. There are specialty jewelry insurers, but the quote state farm gave me was more or less the same, and the addition of the new policy caused me to save a couple bucks a year on the rest of my policies with them.

Anything single items that are over 12-15K you should probably have a separate policy for. Its not that expensive, and it will save haggling with those people should something happen. There are specialty jewelry insurers, but the quote state farm gave me was more or less the same, and the addition of the new policy caused me to save a couple bucks a year on the rest of my policies with them.

What jewelry do you own as a single dude at that value? Watch?

Back