• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Salt Lake City/Jackson Hole recommendations

bigdoublezero

Reaction score
My wife and I will be in Salt Lake City on Saturday and Jackson on Sunday before spending a week at Teton and Yellowstone.

Anyone have recs for stuff to see/do/eat/drink while we're there?

I'll jump into the thread as well, as I'll be in SLC for 4-5 days later this summer. Restaurant/bar recs in downtown SLC, as well as recs on hikes/rides around SLC or Park City would be great. Already signed up for a trail 1/2 marathon up in Park City while I'm out there.

Jackson Hole is awesome. If you are going to be in Teton and Yellowstone the rest of the week then I probably wouldn't do much hiking while in town, though this time of year you can take the lift up the ski mountain right on the edge of town (forget the name) and walk down, which is fun. Just spend the day walking around the downtown area and you'll find plenty to do/eat/drink. We love it out there, we named one of our kids Jackson and one of our cats is Teton. You'll have a blast.

Don't drink and drive anywhere, but especially not in Jackson Hole.

Last edited:
Hit up the Mangy Moose at a Teton Village while in JH. No need to drive- Start Bus will get you everywhere you need to go. Also recommend Snake River Brewing in downtown Jackson. Cheers!

I'll jump into the thread as well, as I'll be in SLC for 4-5 days later this summer. Restaurant/bar recs in downtown SLC, as well as recs on hikes/rides around SLC or Park City would be great. Already signed up for a trail 1/2 marathon up in Park City while I'm out there.

Be careful. The elevation in Park City is no joke. I go to SLC for work 2 weeks a month, and have run many trails up in Park City. Kicks your ass....

Be careful. The elevation in Park City is no joke. I go to SLC for work 2 weeks a month, and have run many trails up in Park City. Kicks your ass....

I fully expect to have my ass kicked. Most of the trail running I do around here is at around 1200-1600 feet. I think the base of Park City is 7000. The good news, if there is any, is that I arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday and have till Saturday to acclimate a bit.

We ate at the Red Iguana in SLC and really enjoyed it. Mole is their specialty, and they'll bring you a sample plate of all 8 or 9 kinds for you to taste before you order. I'd go back.

Also, not sure if choir or Mormons are your deal, but the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcasts every Sunday live from the mothership for free, and that was kind of a neat experience on a whole bunch of levels.

Park City is really cool but very busy on weekend nights. Couldn't find a place to park because of a crazy street festival, so we didn't stop for food/drink. We did ride the crazy alpine coaster though, which was really fun. Also saw Olympic Park, where they put on an aerial skiing display on weekends where they do all their flips and tricks into a pool which was cool to see.

Teton is the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Yeah, astoundingly beautiful.

Last edited:
Squatters is a good place to eat in SLC. Good beer and good food; it's basically a Foothills with MUCH better food.

Back