• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Tell me about Delhi, India

There wasn't a India only thread, but I thought I'd repurpose this one.

I'm going to Hyderabad in 2 weeks for a 2 week work assignment. I'm staying in the tech area across the street from my office, looking at some satellite picture that area looks like a giant office park to me. Specific area is called Gachibowli, has anyone been?

I'm planning to go somewhere for the middle weekend, either Delhi or Mumbai. If I did Delhi, I'd hit the Taj Mahal via the train on Saturday. Anyone done a weekend trip to either, or have a suggestion for a different city for the weekend?

I'm going to Pune for the first 2 weeks of May.

Crapshoot mentioned Hyderabaad earlier in this thread, might want to start with him

Crapshoot mentioned Hyderabaad earlier in this thread, might want to start with him

It's all secondhand info from my bro-in-law. He wasn't a big fan, but he's not the most tolerant person. It certainly didn't sound like someplace I'd want to work/visit unless there were some seriously sweet perks in it for me.

Initial reaction - How in the fuck does the city of Mumbai manage to overcome their traffic problems? Got driven from Mumbai airport to Pune at midnight last night, and it took 4 hours, much of which was spent with a death grip on the arms of my seat as the driver weaved in and out of congested traffic with no apparent strain on his part.

Initial reaction - How in the fuck does the city of Mumbai manage to overcome their traffic problems? Got driven from Mumbai airport to Pune at midnight last night, and it took 4 hours, much of which was spent with a death grip on the arms of my seat as the driver weaved in and out of congested traffic with no apparent strain on his part.

India traffic will change a man. One may think "I've dealt with NY/LA/your favorite western city so I'm ready for India". I never once had the urge to drive when I was there, I figured my propensity to stop at traffic lights and occasionally yield would make me a danger to myself and everybody else.

Back