• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: The Seat

Up or Down?

• Total voters

doubledeac

Reaction score
So I have been plagued by this for years and always find myself in the conundrum of the single public bathroom, used by both females and males, never know if the seat should be left UP so a female knows that I put the seat up, or if I should put it back DOWN out of common courtesy.

Need to know: Up or down - and why.

Personally, I prefer down. I don't care if it was up because I'm probably not going to physically sit on it anyway, and I sure as hell don't want to touch it to get it back down.

put the seat down if you're concerned about it. I doubt the women will wonder if you left the seat down unless you're peeing on the seat.

but really I guess I've never seen the big deal about seat up or down, though this is usually more of a in-home debate and may also involve the lid. someone is having to touch it either way.

So I have been plagued by this for years and always find myself in the conundrum of the single public bathroom, used by both females and males, never know if the seat should be left UP so a female knows that I put the seat up, or if I should put it back DOWN out of common courtesy.

yeah I don't spend any time whether you put the seat up or down, I just want it down

Never understood putting it up before you piss. As long as its not a post smang spray then you should be able to hit the target without hitting the seat. I perfected the lean forward as it starts to drip by the time I was 5. Whats the big deal here?

big fan of the tap the seat down. achieves two things: less touching and a noise when it hits to let the ladies know you're considerate.

3rd choice: I leave it wherever it was when I go in there.

Back