• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP Travel Agency: 10 days in Dublin, London, and wherever else you suggest!

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
Flying into Dublin on November the 9th. Flying back to the states on November 19th. Everything in between is pretty much wide open. Catching USA vs. Ireland in Dublin on November 18th and potential for USA vs. Colombia on November 12th in London, though the match is currently not official. What do you suggest? If the match in London falls through where else in Europe would you go for a few days? Lodging is currently open as well, so any suggestions are appreciated!

I'd say it all depends on if that London trip Happens. You could spend all 10 days in Ireland and see most of the country.

I'm a huge fan of Killarney National Park and seeing the Cliffs of Moher. There are obviously a lot of things to do in Dublin.

You have to take a tour of the Guinness factory based solely on the fact that it has the best view of the city.

Iceland, Moscow for a few days, Greece, then Spain, then back to London for the game.

Assuming you've never been to either place, there's no reason to tack on more than Ireland and London, there's plenty to do in those two areas.

There was a London thread a few weeks back that covered a lot: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/23314-ATP-London

Typical London things: Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul Cathedral, etc. - recommend all of them except skip the eye

Last edited:
Do you realize how bad the weather sucks in Ireland and England at this time of year?

it's actually not that bad. one of my favorite trips was a weeklong road trip from Nottingham to London in Mid Nov.

it's actually not that bad. one of my favorite trips was a weeklong road trip from Nottingham to London in Mid Nov.

Average high of 49, no sun, rain expected. Oh that's right, you're from the north anyway.

Whilst in Ireland, if you have the time, try to make it to the west coast. The Dingle Peninsula and Ring of Kerry are phenomenal.

And in the UK, try to spend a day or two outside of London. Oxford and Bath are two personal favorites and are perfect for day trips. If transportation is an issue, try the Oxford Tube bus service to Oxford and National Express to Bath. Both are very convenient and cheap. Within London itself, Greenwich is an area that tourists often overlook but has a lot of neat things to do. I find The Eye to be fun, but going to the top of The Shard is even better.

Finally, I think that you are going at a great time. I love seeing places during "non-peak" seasons and feel that the experience is enhanced by not having to face hordes of tourists.

I second the Bath suggestion, spent a day/night there. nice city center to walk around and the baths are an awesome Roman ruin to see. I actually also recommend doing the dumb "modern baths" thing. We spent a few hours in the different pools/rooms and a night swim in the rooftop pool. Ev

Bath is very cool. If you are into cathedrals and churches you have to go see the Durham Cathedral, it's absolutely stunning.

Also York is cool, there's a lot of information there about vikings and the original city was walled which is pretty cool to see as well. Both can be a day trip from London IIRC.

BUMP

Heading over to London on a red eye this evening, then onto Dublin on Monday by train and ferry.

Wakephan has given me a months worth of stuff to do in London but I could use some Dublin advice. Because outside of the US-Ireland match and the Guinness tour Im doing with SD3 on Tuesday, I got nothing

Oh and a recommendation for a sweet bar to watch Bama-Miss State at in London on Saturday night would be appreciated as well.

Back