• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP, Travel edition: Greece

scooter84

Jack Campbell
Reaction score
The family is considering a trip to the Greek isles next June (2018). Current tentative plan of record is a couple of days in Athens and then 4-6 days in Oia on Santorini. We are just beginning our research and don't know a lot about the place. I would welcome any recommendations for places to stay, things to do, things to see, places to eat... etc.
We are going to be traveling with either one or two more families so we are going to have a crowd of either 9 or 13 people.. No kids younger than 21...

I understand there is a high speed ferry down to santorini - is that a good option? Or should we just fly?
Are there other islands that we must see? Are there cool day trips from Oia?

Thanks in advance...

I wen to santorini for a week in late may a few years ago. It was warm in the morning but WINDY every single afternoon. To the point that it was unpleasant to be outside. Having said that, the food was good and it was scenic. We stayed at el Greco - it was just okay. Wouldn't stay there again.

Drive to the south end of the island - there is a great little restaurant right off the side of the road that we loved. I'm trying to find the name of it.

Aeolos
Unnamed Rd Σαντορίνη 847 00 Greece, Santorini 847 00, Greece

So I didn't get a lot of input... Now we've decided to spend 3 nights in Mykonos and then 4 nights in Santorini... We have booked a place in Santorini so we are set there. We need recommendations for two things - a place to stay in Mykonos (specific places as well as areas of the island), along with things to do... And then transportation between the islands - how bad is the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini - is it rough? Does it take forever? etc?

Back