• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Travel Edition- Havana?

HoosierDeac

Reaction score
Considering a brief jaunt to Havana this spring- good idea? bad idea? worth it? any must-do experiences?

It's definitely worth the experience, in my opinion. I spent a month in Cuba back in 2018 or so and got to see most of the island. If you want to base yourself in Havana you could still try to get out to Vinales on a day trip or at least some of the more rural areas which are a nice contrast to the more hectic Havana. There are a couple interesting museums in the city, you can visit a cigar factory outside of town, do a classic car tour of the city, etc. There are some excellent private restaurants, which were really the only private businesses allowed to operate in the country not too long ago, though they're expensive and obviously not a reflection of every day life. Similarly there are now some great little guest houses which are the beginnings of a more open economy and entrepreneurship. Just walking between the very different neighborhoods in terms of architecture and development is pretty fascinating. And the billboards with government propaganda but no commercial advertisements is striking.

I would probably check with my trade and sanctions counsel first.

Back