• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Triad AC vendors

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
We need to upgrade our AC units. Anyone had a good experience with any local vendors? Whats a swag on two units for a two-zone house? $5k?

We've had good success with Eanes.

Dealing with Advanced Appliance & HVAC literally right now...

We need to upgrade our AC units. Anyone had a good experience with any local vendors? Whats a swag on two units for a two-zone house? $5k?

Not in the triad but my buddy is an HVAC guy and will probably replace mine next spring (1 zone, 1 floor ranch house). I'm probably going to be in the $4,000 range for the buddy price for side work. For two zones and a company doing it, I would imagine closer to $6,500 or $7,000 at least.

hijack hijack hijack

We're in the first year of a three year lease in a Richmond office/warehouse.

The front office is already A/C'ed but the warehouse (~4k sq/ft w/ 22 ft ceiling) is only equipped with a single large heating unit in the back. Summers weren't going to be a huge deal when we initially moved in because we weren't going to have employees entirely stationed in the warehouse. That's changing/changed. We'd like to think we'll need a bigger space in a couple of years, as well.

It has approached 115f the past couple afternoons in areas of the warehouse. Obviously can't have people back there when that's (even close to) the case.

I am curious as to how we should approach this. The landlord seems reluctant to front any of the bill on a unit (and i thought our original 50/50 proposal on cost was too generous, if anything).

I really can't imagine the space is a viable option for the majority of future tenants without it. There is an identical space adjacent to us (same landlord) that already had a system installed when they moved in years ago.

So, I guess if anybody has advice... chime in.

If my boss buys one more room fan to try to deal with the situation I'm going to be pretty hot.

I had two units replaced by Reedy's. Reasonable price, reasonable work.
After they left me hanging on an appointment twice though I switched for regular repair work.
I tried Southern Breeze, but they seemed like straight up Aryans.
Now I use Gwyn for everything, a little more expensive but I've been very pleased.

Edit: Gas furnace w/ outside heat pump (for 2000sqft area) was about $9k; the other unit was just a heat pump for a 600sqft area with blower $3200. Everything high SEER.

Last edited:
I have a local guy in gso I use if you want his number

I was very happy with www.allphaseair.com. Relatively small operation so they can't always respond immediately, but the owner always made sure everything was properly addressed. I also got a bid from Advanced Appliance - they were a little higher and not nearly as friendly to deal with.

Back