• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Winston Carpet/Flooring Opinions?

roland

Reaction score
We're looking to replace all the flooring in our house (1720sqft) this Spring/Summer. We are looking primarily for quality, price, and professionalism. We also have a shitload of furniture that we want to have moved by the installers as they go.

Thoughts/prayers?

I went through this last year in Winston. ENded up buying carpet from Home Depot, and got a great deal on their third-party installer. Pleased with results. Saved a ton of $$$$ by doing it that way. By the way, I got the idea from a guy doing another installation for me, who came through a carpet store.

Only had flooring done by someone other than me once. Looked at Bob Grubbs, Styron, and ended up using Bill Hege. BH had the best price, they did a great job with the carpet, but their tile people were not detail-oriented in the least.

Refloored 3800 sq ft 2 years ago. Used Carpets by Direct out of Greensboro. Very reasonably priced and did a great job. They did carpet, tile, and hardwood. http://carpetsbydirect.com/

Try Clemmons Carpet make sure to mention Wake they are big supporters.

Bob Grubbs is a friend...he'll hook you up.

UNC grad, but supports the Deacs (to the extent possible these days).

Thanks for the help y'all. My in-laws suggested Clemmons Carpet, too. We'll check out them and Bob Grubbs.

Back