• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin Nichols (NWT)

Bennet found out he's an atheist.

No idea. Rumor is behavior not academic related. And he had been suspended for the exhibition and 1st game. Salt started the other night. Neither he nor Reuter are impressive. Nichols was the 3rd C to enter the game Tue night, but was easily the best of the 3 and the only 1 of those 3 with any offensive game. UVA was going to redshirt 1 freshman big, Huff. Don't know if that changes now. But they played 11 guys throughout the game, so now the rotation is down to 10. Everyone scored but only 1 player was in double digits with 11 points. They have a lot of decent talent but no real go to scorers. Even with Nichols, they weren't the 8th best team in the country. But still top-25 worthy.

Does not academic related include a violation of the Honor Code?

Again, I have no idea. Just heard that. But Bennett is pretty serious. His 1st year he kicked the only good player he had (Landesberg) off the team for not going to class.

If that's why he got kicked off the team, he's got a gazillion dollar lawsuit.

I've heard it was drug/cocaine related. No clue of there is any truth to that.

Probably drug related given that there were clearly at least two different incidents

Given his name, maybe he did a little too much of the family business.

Jesus, it was an effin' joke folks, and I thought an obvious one at that. I'm a big Bennett fan and love what he's done for the program here. He's also a really religious guy and is well know to be so. He also runs a very tight ship and has had great groups of kids playing for him. It's a really easy program to root for.

Again, I have no idea. Just heard that. But Bennett is pretty serious. His 1st year he kicked the only good player he had (Landesberg) off the team for not going to class.

Except he had not been going to class from January till early March and finally kicked him off for the ACC Tourney.

Back