• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Australia now has no-go zones?

Grabs Turds Bare

Reaction score
I saw this today and I was so blown away by it. Australia has always seemed so laid back in my mind.

I don't know much about the girl who made the video, but it looks like she's probably got some pretty extreme views. If people have experience with her or her reputation, I'd like to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqY4Z1fTrMc

Last edited:
Pretty messed up. Although, to play devil's advocate, if a Muslim "reporter" wanted to walk through the rural south criticizing Christianity, I think she'd probably be met with a similar, possibly worse, outcome.

Pretty dick move to go into a cultural center for the sole purpose of criticizing said culture.

A police officer asks her not to go into the neighborhood for the purpose of trolling, and that's what warrants being termed a "no go" zone?

I have yet to see a valid use of the term "no go zone" for any Muslim neighborhood, especially as it's used for fear mongering in white countries. It's hogwash for Manchester. Hogwash for Sweden. Hogwash all around. If she went in without cameras to get a kebab, she would have been a-ok.

lol that’s the biggest nothing I’ve ever seen. Notice despite the cameras rolling the whole time she got no footage of people yelling at her or generally doing anything but looking at some crazy chick and her camera rolling down their street.

A police officer asks her not to go into the neighborhood for the purpose of trolling, and that's what warrants being termed a "no go" zone?

I have yet to see a valid use of the term "no go zone" for any Muslim neighborhood, especially as it's used for fear mongering in white countries. It's hogwash for Manchester. Hogwash for Sweden. Hogwash all around. If she went in without cameras to get a kebab, she would have been a-ok.

Well, this is pretty ridiculous. Angela Merkel, former Time person of the year for her open border/refugee policy, admits that no-go zones exist in Germany and must be controlled.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-bc-eu--germany-no-go-areas-20180228-story.html

Lol, it's so important to no-go, that they don't even bother to tell people where to not go. Sorta defeats the point. How do you know where not to go if they don't tell you?

Does the government come out and tell us not to go into southside Chicago or Anacostia in DC?

just because you're afraid to go there doesn't mean the government doesn't go there

lol that’s the biggest nothing I’ve ever seen. Notice despite the cameras rolling the whole time she got no footage of people yelling at her or generally doing anything but looking at some crazy chick and her camera rolling down their street.

just because you're afraid to go there doesn't mean the government doesn't go there

I think that's what really had me taken aback by this video; it was that a police officer was, very delicately, trying to keep the girl in the video from going in the neighborhood. She wasn't afraid to go, it looked like she wanted to go. And yeah, maybe something would have happened - I don't know. But the police officer felt that there was such a great chance that something was going to happen that he was willing to take the time to intervene.

That blows me away.

I for one was shocked that people had the audacity to stare at a woman with a microphone and a camera crew tailing her.

I think that's what really had me taken aback by this video; it was that a police officer was, very delicately, trying to keep the girl in the video from going in the neighborhood. She wasn't afraid to go, it looked like she wanted to go. And yeah, maybe something would have happened - I don't know. But the police officer felt that there was such a great chance that something was going to happen that he was willing to take the time to intervene.

That blows me away.

so...you're blown away that the guy responsible for keeping the peace gently discouraged a troll from trolling

so...you're blown away that the guy responsible for keeping the peace gently discouraged a troll from trolling

Yes.

She is pretty close to being someone who goes into a crowded theater and yells "fire" to see what happens. She is doing something like a previously convicted arsonist loudly talking about how setting a fire in such a place might cause panic.

Back